Subject Author Posted Replies

Function generator with higher output voltage
Hi all, I'm looking for an off-the-shelf function generator with more than the usual 10Vpp output signal. The requirements are 30..500Hz square wave, with 20Vpp and output impedance 50Ohms or less...
17
17

Toroidal Transformer Screening
Hi Another magnetics question! I have a SMPS which uses a toroidal ferrite transformer. It switches at ~100kHz, works very well, it's not my design and I can't change it. However, it introduces noise...
11
11

OT: JV Team
TENNESSEE TERROR: Gunman who killed 4 Marines in Chattanooga ID'd as Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez THE GUNMAN who opened fire on two Chattanooga, Tenn., Navy training centers and killed 4 Marines, in...
35
35

OT: Costco auto program
Hi, Anyone purchased a vehicle through Costco's auto program? Disappointing that they won't tell you the expected savings until you've signed up -- which, of course, tips your hand to the dealer. One...
8
8

refrigerator light
The interior lights in my 8-year-old LG French Door refrigerator (purchased from Sears under the Kenmore brand) have stopped working. Very irritating, trying to find stuff in there in the dark. At...
120
120

Ping JT
You once asked about something like these: If you di't find a good solution maybe these will help

Windows 7 Reset Administrator Password
A friend forgot her admin password for windows 7 and is asking for help. Googling the problem I see the passwords can be reset using a "reset disk". I am not clear that this will reset the admin...
12
12

Pluto
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
2
2

measurement idea for spacetime curvature as dark energy force
Hi, I had an idea before about how curved space time might have a tendency to expand in order to flatten out to a lower energy state, which could explain the dark energy force, the matter in the...
42
42

powdered ferrite with glue.
I want to smash to powder some ferrite material, mix it hot melt glue and s pread it over a sheet of rigid plastic such as polystyrene. Why? Because I want to move the sheet over a pancake coil to...
46
46

kazdego szkoda ;-)
/M

I don't understand thermostats
Imagine a mass that we want to heat with some closed-loop controller. It's C2 below. Voltage represents temperature. Thermal systems are diffusive, which we represent as a bunch of RC lags. Assume the...
51
51

SMT power inductor DC field
Hi, folks:- I'm trying to reduce the DC field caused by the continuous current through SMT power inductors (think low double digit amperes and less than 10uH). I'm seeing many hundreds of mG a few...
11
11

Saturated ferrite
Hi I have a choke wound on a ferrite core (N97 PQ32/20) which should have been gapped but wasn't. That means that it's saturating - the calculated Isat is 70mA but it has up to 400mA through it. New...
25
25

Gold thickness for wire bonding?
Gentlemen, Searched up and down the web but not much info. The PCB house (4PCB) offer three levels: 130 uinches nickel and then around 10uin (but not guaranteed) gold. Alternatively 30 uinches...
24
24