Subject Author Posted Replies

ot, great war book
This is a fabulous book. It's the third of a triligy, but I read this one because I prefer the parts where we're winning. It's a great detailed description of the war in Europe, starting a bit before...
16
16

"SUB-HORMONIZER"
31
31

OT: Our Glorious Nutless leader
63
63

CD/DVD tray jams
Hi, A machine I just built has the annoying problem of NOT wanting to open the CD/DVD trays when commanded (via the "open" button on the front panel *or* "eject" sent via software). You can see (and...
25
25

Simetrix temperature sweep
In Simetrix, is it possible to run a temperature sweep where the graph has voltage on the y axis and temperature on the X axis. I want to show the relation a diodes Vf vs temperature. I can do a...

Battery with reverse polarity.
I have a portable radio that uses 4 C" cells. Volume was getting low so I checked the voltage across all 4 batteries, it was 2.8V. Then I checked across 2 batteries and got 0.34V. Seemed odd, I...
6
6

Simple DC Converter Boost
Try this simple boost circuit. 15Vin to 300Vdc out Version 4 SHEET 1 3300 2452 WIRE 2480 1440 2288 1440 WIRE 2528 1440 2480 1440 WIRE 2640 1440 2592 1440 WIRE 2752 1440 2640 1440 WIRE 2640 1456 2640...
21
21

Ping Phil Hobbs
So I'm finding that I have a need to refresh my memory of classical electromagnetism, and I'm wondering if you could provide a reference. There are some areas that I feel I'm still comfortable with,...
2
2

Sensing current on isolated feed
Hi, I have a lot of field components behind isolated supplies. Invariably, I need to look at a signal representative[1] of the actual load. In each individual case, I've been coming up with "cheap...
13
13

charge pump/boost converter
For a hobby project, I'd like to be able to generate +48 volts or so from +5 volt USB. Current requirements are small, maybe 15 mA or so? I'd like uh, low noise (I don't have an exact spec so this is...
57
57

Hit Drone
Really dangerous flyby on HV transmission line at 2:07 :

OT: Sch 40, Side-out Tee
Hi, Well, none of the "plumbing" groups seems to be active so I'm trying here... (with little hope) I'm trying to locate/buy a dozen or so 1" Sch 40 PVC Side-out Tee's, SxSxSxS that are NSF rated. Or,...
12
12

AN: Spice Model Updated on my Website... Behavioral Diff Pairs
Spice Model Updated on my Website: See B_DIFF_PAIRS.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website. Improved/Updated (squirmy talk for serious bug fix ;-) Parameters added to match bipolar...

OT: Scanner
My 20-something year-old hp Scanjet 3970 died... or at least the wallwart outputs no juice, so it's a toss... scanner died and killed wallwart, or it's just the wallwart.... it's the wallwart, found...
23
23

Just in time for AL Gore to say "We fixed it".
After s?p?e?n?d?i?n?g? investing billions of dollars, Al Gore says, We fixed it. "Earth heading for 'mini ice age' in just 15 years, scientists say" Mikek
9
9