Subject Author Posted Replies

measurement idea for spacetime curvature as dark energy force
Hi, I had an idea before about how curved space time might have a tendency to expand in order to flatten out to a lower energy state, which could explain the dark energy force, the matter in the...
42
42

powdered ferrite with glue.
I want to smash to powder some ferrite material, mix it hot melt glue and s pread it over a sheet of rigid plastic such as polystyrene. Why? Because I want to move the sheet over a pancake coil to...
46
46

kazdego szkoda ;-)
/M

I don't understand thermostats
Imagine a mass that we want to heat with some closed-loop controller. It's C2 below. Voltage represents temperature. Thermal systems are diffusive, which we represent as a bunch of RC lags. Assume the...
51
51

SMT power inductor DC field
Hi, folks:- I'm trying to reduce the DC field caused by the continuous current through SMT power inductors (think low double digit amperes and less than 10uH). I'm seeing many hundreds of mG a few...
11
11

Saturated ferrite
Hi I have a choke wound on a ferrite core (N97 PQ32/20) which should have been gapped but wasn't. That means that it's saturating - the calculated Isat is 70mA but it has up to 400mA through it. New...
25
25

Gold thickness for wire bonding?
Gentlemen, Searched up and down the web but not much info. The PCB house (4PCB) offer three levels: 130 uinches nickel and then around 10uin (but not guaranteed) gold. Alternatively 30 uinches...
24
24

RF in SOCs?
Hi guys I havent working with RF for ages, but am using it now. I know about "classic" radios, with coils for filters and OSCs. Now, with SOC (system on chip) I dont need to know about it, but I still...
21
21

Sizing Resistor Wattage for One Short Pulse
I am designing an inrush control circuit to prevent a pair of electrolytic bypass capacitors exceeding their rated ripple current when power is suddenly applied. When the capacitor is fully charged it...
67
67

Tbird/FFox versions
Hi, I have to build another batch of laptops for some local students. Normally, I just grab the latest versions of FFox and TBird and install these as the default Mail/Internet clients. Any reasons I...
1
1

stupid product, stupid price
I wonder why that's on clearance! Sellers always trying to find new ways to gull the gullible. NT
11
11

semi OT: linear predictive coding
Does anyone know where I could find some example code that implements linear predictive speech synthesis? The particular language doesn't really matter, so long as the example is not using a ton of...
26
26

New Browser Needed
Just putting the world on notice that I'm interested in creating a startup to develop a new browser with the specific objective of REMOVING all AdChoi ces content from the HTML prior to rendering the...
49
49

Repairing hygrometer transmitter
I have one of those sort-of cheap Oregon Scientific weather stations with t he wireless outdoor temperature/humidity sensors. It's maybe about 6 years old, so normally a person would simply buy a new...
17
17

Myth or Fact: Dead casio comes back alive and starts beeping
Hello, I'm a sucker for weird stories... this weird story always stayed inside my head because it's so bizar... today I developed an alternative theory for how it might have happened, first the story:...
4
4