Subject Author Posted Replies

Socket Question
Is there such a thing as a conventional light-bulb socket mountable to a PCB? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete...
7
7

Generate 200V at 10mA from 24V
A customer board is currently generating 200V at 10mA from 5V, using a $90 part. I'm changing enough stuff that it's very likely I'll be able to start from a 24V rail for that same result, and their...
19
19

OT: glass stirring rod
Hi, For perhaps the fourth time in as many weeks, I find myself looking for a glass stirring rod (different applications in each case). And, at a loss as to where I could pick one up "locally"....
28
28

Negative Voltage Generation using LM337
Hello, I am building a variable output power supply using the LM2576 switching regulator. Please see the image which shows the circuit diagram here: The circuit uses a negative voltage generation...
21
21

new 3D XPoint memory
Hi, This new transistor-less memory seems like it might have more applications than just memory, ie maybe the memory cells can be used in an analog way too, or some non-digital addressing of the...

MIDI cable capacitance per foot
Does anyone have figures on the capacitance per foot of those MIDI DIN cables? I've seen some schematics of MIDI Thru boxes that show the output for the cable being driven by a single 74HCT14 schmitt...
1
1

Soldering to Ni/Au pads
So I have this bunch of very small InGaAs photodiodes (60-micron diameter) that are wire bonded to a ceramic carrier with 100 microinches of gold over 75 microinches of nickel. Problem is, the entire...
42
42

rant: Sears Sucks
There are only two appliance stores in the small town of Truckee, and Sears is close to us. We've bought appliances and beds from them, and they have been great. But it's an affiliate store, a Sears...
91
91

OT: Opinions about this situation?
OT: Opinions about this situation?... An alternate question... at what frequencies are these "devices" controlled ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
28
28

OT? Shawyer EMdrive Independently "Verified"
A scientist with "a long history of experimentally testing (and debunking ) breakthrough propulsion systems" has replicated the Eagleworks results- 2 0 micronewtons thrust for 700W input. He can't...
5
5

How to double PCI clock?
Classical 5V PCI, that is. Is there a small IC for this? I need a 66 Mhz clock generated from the 33Mhz of the PCI bus, but can not seem to find an IC that is specified for the PCI input spikes of...
9
9

How to blow up an LM395
I use these as "bullet proof" output pass elements. One is used to drive a 50 ohm heater. (~30V p-p PWM) I had a few reports that the circuit would not turn off, it was always heating. I had one user...
12
12

American War Doco
I'm not a great fan of American documentaries on American War efforts, but I found this one which I could only describe as excelent (on Netflix plus elsewhere no doubt) Ken Burns: The War There are...
2
2

"Obsolete" PIC parts
How in the heck can one discover if a given IC part is obsolete even tho Microchip flags ALL in their list as "Production"? For example, the PIC16F628A, or the PIC16F648A, or the PIC18F13K50. Seems if...
28
28

Transformer design question -- what does 'strand' mean
Could some electronics guru please clarify this a bit ? Going over Col. Lyman's classic text on inductor/transformer design (especially switching transformers) I came upon the term 'strands'. For...
12
12