Subject Author Posted Replies

jelly bean op amp suggestion please
hello, Just asking what everyone uses for a trouble free R-R (output), 5v opamp 1 to about 5Mhz BW. It would be nice if inputs were able to go to GND and thats about it for extra requirements. I have...
4
4

Digital Analog converter for resonator circuit
Hi I have dual resonator circuit consists of Inductors, capacitors and resistors. I am generating sine wave with amplitude of 1 from DAC and write a frequency sweep function in Matlab however I only...
11
11

Bimetallic switches reliability
I am looking for a thermostat (e.g.: for basic on-off temperature control. I noticed that specifi ed service life never exceeds 100k cycles. I wonder whether it is due to co ntacts burnout or...
36
36

OT: Takata airbags
A little old lady who lives near me owns a 2008 Mazda 6 where the driver's side airbag is affected by the massive Takata airbag recall. She's been getting notice after notice in the mail about getting...
62
62

Tesla
I suspect that the entire Musk empire will collapse. SpaceX might survive.
223
223

Bulging Li-Ion power packs
In the course of my work, today I was handed a defunct Apple Mac laptop. The person commented "BTW the battery is bulging a bit" Within 2 hours I had 3 Mac LiIOn batteries with bulges. One so extreme...
10
10

COG caps and Dielectric Absorption (DA)
COG caps and Dielectric Absorption (DA) I've been reading (more closely) chapter 5 of AoE3. In figure 5.4B they show a plot of DA for various caps. The COG ceramic are a mixed bag. With Brand X being...
38
38

AN: TL598 Spice Model
Awhile back someone on the LTspice List requested a TL598 Spice model. While somewhat obsolete, it intrigued me, and proved to be somewhat of a !#$* to model... but it caused me to develop a few new...
44
44

Waveform interpolation
Suppose I have some sampled signal data in a ROM on a microcontroller or something, and I'm reading it out to a DAC. Let's say that for some reason, I'd like to begin reading this data at some random...
47
47

Re: Creating a computer simulation (of atoms/quarks/universe) to discover the origin of life.
On Sun, 9 Aug 2015 15:28:09 +0200, "Skybuck Flying" Gave us: HERE is one for you, IDIOT... STOP making retarded, inane posts to these groups you have invaded!
1
1

Filter cap choice for ultra low ripple
Gentlemen, What is currently the best choice of filter capacitor for the PSU section of a high-end signal generator the output of which (obviously) really needs to be as ripple-free as humanly...
65
65

Could have been a fire!
5 or 6 years ago I put a Harbor Freight driveway sensor at the stairway to my business to wake me, um, alert me that I have a customer. Rather than change batteries I built a power supply, wall wart,...
9
9

Using NE2 bulbs as voltage regulators
I am building an experimental radiation detector. Being an experiment, I want to avoid buying anything for it. Sort of a junkbox project to see what could be done using the parts I have. The geiger...
33
33

Semi OT: Battery leakage
So this guy is selling a rare vintage synthesizer: He says that there was battery leakage and took it to his tech, who looked at it and removed the batteries. Then he claims that he "doesn't know what...
4
4

F4, not working in LTSpice
I recently did a reinstall of LTSpice on a new machine, and for some reason the F4 and F9 hotkeys are not working. Hitting F9 from within the program actually causes the Windows 8.1 search sidebar to...
11
11