Subject Author Posted Replies

Waveform interpolation
Suppose I have some sampled signal data in a ROM on a microcontroller or something, and I'm reading it out to a DAC. Let's say that for some reason, I'd like to begin reading this data at some random...
47
47

Re: Creating a computer simulation (of atoms/quarks/universe) to discover the origin of life.
On Sun, 9 Aug 2015 15:28:09 +0200, "Skybuck Flying" Gave us: HERE is one for you, IDIOT... STOP making retarded, inane posts to these groups you have invaded!
1
1

Filter cap choice for ultra low ripple
Gentlemen, What is currently the best choice of filter capacitor for the PSU section of a high-end signal generator the output of which (obviously) really needs to be as ripple-free as humanly...
65
65

Could have been a fire!
5 or 6 years ago I put a Harbor Freight driveway sensor at the stairway to my business to wake me, um, alert me that I have a customer. Rather than change batteries I built a power supply, wall wart,...
9
9

Using NE2 bulbs as voltage regulators
I am building an experimental radiation detector. Being an experiment, I want to avoid buying anything for it. Sort of a junkbox project to see what could be done using the parts I have. The geiger...
33
33

Semi OT: Battery leakage
So this guy is selling a rare vintage synthesizer: He says that there was battery leakage and took it to his tech, who looked at it and removed the batteries. Then he claims that he "doesn't know what...
4
4

F4, not working in LTSpice
I recently did a reinstall of LTSpice on a new machine, and for some reason the F4 and F9 hotkeys are not working. Hitting F9 from within the program actually causes the Windows 8.1 search sidebar to...
11
11

Is USB polarity important?
USB uses differential signaling, D- and D+ signal lines. Since it?s differential, is absolute polarity important? If, for example, I mix up the two conductors on a USB device I?m rewiring, is this...
12
12

Nylon braid (?)
Hi, On past (military) projects, we'd run cable harnesses in a sort of (black) "nylon braid" to keep the cables dressed nicely. The stuff was sort of like *copper* tubular braid but made of nylon (or...
27
27

How to calculate PSD from B-source math and .measure
Hi Group: Is there direct FFT or DFT and that will lead one to calculate the PSD (pow er spectral density)implementation that could be done with .measure or B-so urce math in LTspice IV? Special...
1
1

Re: An alternative outcome of nuclear war.
On Fri, 7 Aug 2015 20:44:26 +0200, "Skybuck Flying" Gave us: You are so NOT bright.
9
9

OT: Sort directory *entries*
Hi, Is there an established/built-in mechanism to reorder the dirent structs on Windows filesystems? Or, is it cheaper for me just to write a script to "coerce" things into the desired order?
28
28

Driving optocouplers
The output transistor of the 4N25 optocoupler is spec?d at max 150 mA (no mention of on-resistance). I measure the resistance across the output terminals with the input driven with 17 mA and I see a...
15
15

Is there a gschem symbol for 5V PCI card?
I am trying to use gschem for netlist entry, and have noticed that they have various PCI footprints(for pcb). But I can not seem to find the corresponding gschem symbol. How are people doing those...
4
4

Microcontroller phase locked loop, ping Tim Wescott et. al.
Has anyone successfully implemented a phase locked loop on a microcontroller? The frequency of interest would be somewhere in the 200kHz range, and the objective of the PLL would be FM demodulation....
27
27