Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Adobe Reader DC versus Adobe Reader 11
What is the difference between Adobe Reader DC versus Adobe Reader 11? Appears that "DC" uses the "cloud", which, given that M$ is an alias for the devil, makes me suspicious. ...Jim Thompson -- |...
8
8

updated NuFiles program for Win7
This is a little utility to copy newer files from one folder to another.
6
6

Gittin old ain't for sissys.
I can't hear above 11Khz. :-{ I picked up a pair of Pioneer HPM 700 speakers that a neighbor threw out. I connected it to my signal generator to verify operation of all speakers, it a 4 way speaker....
29
29

explain this
I use an armband radio while running. The battery compartment lid is damaged, I repaired it using a sophisticated high tech rubber band technique. Occasionally, the lid connection is visibly loose,...

Electricity Pain versus Frequency
Interesting........
13
13

Turning a satellite dish into a TV antenna.
Does this work? Or are they just using satellite dish to mount a TV antenna and the dish does nothing.
9
9

OT: MicroChip MPLAB not programming
I am dead in the water and have no boat. I have done some extensive documenting to show what i did (see ABSE). Help? Thanks.
17
17

Ping: Jeff Liebermann
Jeff, Is there a way to set up a short-cut to a remote desktop connection so I can avoid all this clickety-clack... Start/All Programs/Accessories/Remote Desktop Connection Thanks for your help!...
11
11

BJT shot noise (AoE3, sec. 8.3)
Hi all, Questions are mostly generated from AoE3 chap 8.3. Let me start with fig 8.19. (a common emitter amp) Why is there no shot noise from the collector current through Rc? (collector resistor) I...
12
12

Quantum computers
Are these or can these be real? Every time I try to read how they work, I run out of brain. Is there a simple explanation somewhere, or is it a combination of wishful thinking and scam? Cheers
27
27

Magnet catch-release - new idea
Did some more reading. A fellow made a small coil; unenergized a magnet stuck to the core; a pulse of the correct polarity and it "jumped" away. Would this arrangement need less current (i.e. smaller...
5
5

Re: Testing the limits of the universe =D (Photon experiment ;) :))
On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 22:35:15 +1000, Sylvia Else Gave us: Think billiards.
3
3

Re: How to calculate the shannon limit giving a error probability and a bits per second channel?
On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 12:18:21 +0200, "Skybuck Flying" Gave us: Please stop announcing your petty life and your petty pursuits. Information Theory and Coding by Prof. S.N.Merchant, Department of...
6
6

Any experience with the C30641 photodiode?
Manufactuer is Perkin Elmer. They claim the maximum photocurrent is 100 mA, the same as C30665, although the diameter is 1 mm instead of 3 mm. I just destroyed one trying to work with 100 mA. Is the...
2
2

Funny prank