Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Medialink Wireless
OT: Medialink Wireless... I plug it in once or twice a year when the grandchildren visit. (House PC's are on hard-wired network.) WiFi most recently turned on last Easter. I've forgotten the password...
17
17

Re: OT Impact wrench design
lower speed => smaller impact => lesser torque.
1
1

Wirekess capacitive power coup;ing
Could some electronics guru please clarify a few questions regarding capacitive wireless power transfer. An capacitor is a short to AC, so I were to consider a very simple test case of wireless power...
7
7

Xenon flash tube
I got several of these xenon flash tubes down at Rat Shack on sale for less than 2 bucks each. Anyone have a design for a junk box circuit that could be used for experimenting with these, say firing...
42
42

OT: Need thermometer and light meter
OT: Need thermometer and light meter (1) Need economical means to calibrate kitchen oven... wife complains that it's running hotter than setting. Oven has calibration tweaker, I just need to read real...
12
12

OT: File Associations & Descriptions
Any nice way (other than the registry) to edit the file associations AND descriptions as they appear in Windows Explorer? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
15
15

OT: Serious site problem
ref: Basically NONE of our PDF links work. (there may be one exception) Some do nothing, and some show the binary. And we made NO changes to the code since the time it ALL worked. This must be fixed....
43
43

OT: Problem with tape deck adapter
I have an older car which came with a AM/FM radio/tape deck type stereo. These days to listen to music in the car I usually take one of those line out to tape deck adapters with the "fake" tape and...
3
3

Photoelectric safety beam-check my guess
Yesterday I replace my 30 year old Sears Craftsman garage door opener with a new Craftsman one. Id maintained the old one over the years, but it had become annoyingly intermittent with the door...
5
5

OT: Firefox Hiccup
Picked up an additional problem... When I open a new tab in Firefox I get the Yahoo Search In settings I have selected Google as default and unchecked all others, but Yahoo won't go away. Searched...
15
15

Windows is even more evil than we thought
Bastards. There's a more in-depth analysis of windows being a rootkit, and the new MS privacy policy explicitly stating that they harvest everything. And the proposed FCC wifi rule is a...
118
118

OT: Another math problem
The Library of Babel is a library which contains an infinite number of hexagonal rooms, each with four exits and four walls containing bookshelves full of 410 page books, each page with 40 lines of 80...
33
33

OT: Win7, Fit has finally hit the Shan
Win7, Fit has finally hit the Shan Figures, Adobe Acrobat is requiring activation and the activation server isn't responding... can't have anyone out there using a 10-year-old product, particularly...
27
27

cool resistors
They will sell us a 22 Meg, 0805, 1%, 25 PPM "fine film" resistor. We have a silly requirement to increase the input impedance on one of our digitizers, above the normal 1 Meg, to prevent wire loss...
27
27

Mathematical proof that there are a finite number of natural numbers
Suppose that there are finitely many natural number for some maximum natural number M. Since there finitely many numbers, this finite amount M of numbers may be described by sentences in the English...
16
16