Subject Author Posted Replies

Ping Jeff L: Hide Taskbar Tabs
Jeff, PSpice Schematics puts a pile of tabs in the taskbar most of which are useless "management" and message windows. I've run across "Clicky Gone" as a tool to hide such creatures. What would you...
7
7

Re: Does Intel sell processors/chipsets without AMT/ME/SMM ?
On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 15:11:49 +0200, "Skybuck Flying" Gave us: You're an idiot, SkyTard.
2
2

Report on Alfa directional WIFI antenna
I ordered an Alfa APA-M04 directional panel antenna to replace the almost- broken original antenna on my Buffalo WHS-HP-G54 router. $9 on Ebay. As compared to the original Buffalo antenna in the...
6
6

OT:
I don't have anything to write about. I just wanted to be off topic for a bit.
21
21

Boss DR-55 Repair
I'm trying to repair this vintage programmable analog drum machine on my bench. It was water damaged, and it looks like it's been sitting in a basement and hasn't worked in a very long time. I've...
6
6

Alternative to Decoupling Cap for LF
I need to decouple a two pole active LP filter situated between two op amps. The signal is a 1 Hertz (yes) arbitrary waveform. If I use large caps on each side (1000uF), it introduces distortion and...
19
19

Power Control Circuit
I am sure someone has designed this already... I need a circuit to cut off power to itself. I have a device that powers u p from USB VBUS (5V) when a cable is plugged in. I need the ability to tur n...
14
14

OT screen capture from windows
Hi all, just writing a user guide for firmware uploading. It would be great to just include some screen shots, (rather than a bunch of words.) Is there some button (or such) that I can push from...
16
16

OT: Too late to save the Earth
It's too late to worry about global warming. The damage is already done and the Earth will be uninhabitable in 143 years.. "People are confused by the fact that only very minimal average temperature...
24
24

Possible incoming tsunami
Check the news ! Consider this an out of band newsposting ! This aint not shit. Something going down near Chile ! =D Bye, Skybuck.
11
11

Cable box data at cable company.
I've been having pixelation and audio dropouts on the cable at my boat. I called the cable company and they read the data on my box. Cisco RMG 100 with PS LiteON Model PB=1300-012SA. They said the...
22
22

tungsten
Do you know of any electronic components that contain tungsten? Aside from incandescent lamps of course. We have a customer that is all worked up over "conflict minerals."
52
52

Climate Change Will Chase 100 Million Refugees Into Europe
climate change-> drought->famine->political instability->wars->exodus Human-induced drying in many societies can push tensions over a threshold that provokes violent conflict   Even as Europe...
80
80

Kid arrested for building a clock??
It's so sad to see this. That policeman at 0:42 is an utter arse.
93
93

coding
This is an amazing article, in many ways. (It's the NYT, which maybe some people can't access.)
4
4