Subject Author Posted Replies

Accurately recovering a low frequency bias signal from a random signal
Hi, I have a random voltage signal with a slowly increasing then decreasing voltage riding on top of it (ie gaussian shaped). I'd like to recover the hidden low amplitude gaussian shaped signal from...
31
31

Anybody watching the Pope coverage?
I'm not interested in the Pope, and I wonder what the ratings are for the networks covering all the craziness. Anybody watching the Pope coverage? Mikek
7
7

Low current LED 7-segment
I'm looking at using a single-digit 7-segment display in a hobby project, and found this: I need to use as little current as possible to drive the segments. Does anyone know of a 7-segment display...
99
99

Mouser search engine sucks
They give you a zillion choices. Like if you want a mosfet from 20 to 50 amps, there are 30 or more, in tiny increments as low as 0.1 amps. And ditto for voltages. So if you select a reasonable range...
53
53

OT: Great-grandson
OT: Great-grandson born this morning at 6AM MST ;-) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan...
6
6

OT: How fetch random byte on PIC16F648A
..without using CALL/RETLW, and get from anywhere in program memory (say from 0x0100 to 0x1fff). It is not clear if or how one could use EEDATA addressing, as well as not clear if or how one could use...
17
17

Assymetrical Power Supply
I have a circuit with an op amp gain stage that needs to be powered by an assymetrical supply. The rails are +5 and -15VDC and there is no easy way to change this. What method can be used to DC offset...
46
46

OT: Bullying
OT: Bullying... In our PC world I'll bet that "Captain America" gets punished and the bully does not :-( ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
86
86

OT Boehner stepping down?
Huh? why only on the BBC?
10
10

DC Offset Output of Emitter Follower
The circuit linked below is intended to drive a resistive load which is represented by a 47R resistor. It works well as is, but I would like to add an extra feature and do not know how. The maximum...
14
14

OT: Increase of our dictatorship
From John Vibes at To comply with the 2005 Real ID Act, which the U.S. government has been slowly implementing for the past decade, citizens in a number of different U.S. states will now be forced to...
38
38

OT: Why there are no new jobs?
Here's the deal. You're going to start a business or expand the one you've got now. It doesn't really matter what you do or what you're going to do. I'll partner with you no matter what business...
201
201

LTC6268, FET, 4.5nV/rtHz, Cin~ 0.5 pF
I saw this on some EDN email/ spam. I don't know if it's been discussed here, but the e_n * Cin product is impressive. George H.
1
1

OT hajj
The numerical issues here are incredible. Three million people trying to circle that black brick thing CCW seven times in one day. Billions of Muslims required to make the pilgrimage in their...
4
4

The Trouble with Tribbles, or Practical Nano Tribology
This paper was highlighted on another forum... Worth a read for Electrical Engineers: "What Nanotribologists are Teaching Us About Electrical Contacts" Steve