Subject Author Posted Replies

Rigol RF sig. gen.
I could only find this on a UK website... I guess they are closer to China. :^) About $3.6k for 3 GHz and $2k for 1.5 GHz. Can some RF guy tell me what the specs for harmonic distortion mean. I know...
7
7

OT & controversial
From earlier responses in this group I've learned that the following is quite controversial and might incite some semi-violent verbal abuse. So kindly just look at it and tell me whether you would be...
6
6

Re: GTX 950, GTX 960 segmented ram systems as well ?
On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 14:33:30 +0200, "Skybuck Flying" Gave us: You're an idiot. The NVidia forum is the ONLY forum you should have posted your inane question to.
1
1

OT work day rant:
We've had some personal turnover and an instrument "fell" to me. Which basically means I have to do it or delegate and check. No big deal, I thought. I built my first one today. Well, it's an...
4
4

Thermals on ceramic caps in SMPS
I'm re-spinning a board with two switching regulators on it: one using Line ar's LTC3810, the other using Micrel's MIC28304. The manufacturers' demo b oards and recommended layouts for these devices...
9
9

OT: Troubling Smell
OT: Troubling Smell... Firefox CLOSED. Suddenly a pop-up, "Firefox has crashed" WTF! Is Firefox also spying, even when closed? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et...
18
18

Water on Mars
Looks like there is a place I could get away from idiots like Trump and some of the dopes in here after all. I'd still make posts to this group though. Bwuahahahahaha! BRL! (type I and type II)
17
17

OT: Video Rates over Internet
At the moment my Internet link is running around 2 Mbps. I'm trying to watch a video on Hulu and it runs for maybe two minutes and stops to buffer, lather rinse, repeat. I realize my available data...
17
17

pretty stange board
We make a lot of weird products, in VME and little Ethernet boxes. They use D25, D37, SCSI50, SCSI68, and D9 i/o connectors. Some products follow sorta repeatable channel/pin assignments, and some...
66
66

LED life versus current (at and above rated) in white light bulbs
Recently (Dec 2014) I bought some 9W LED light bulbs from for about $4 each, and I was pleased with their apparent quality and performance. However, in May, the first one started flickering and then...
28
28

Further MS2000 synthesizer problems
Here's the service manual for reference: I replaced C109 with a 100uF electrolytic temporarily, and also found that the power and ground planes were shorted together. Common mode choke L10-L12 had...
4
4

Return Loss Ratio
I am having a hard time finding a good definition of return loss ratio. They all use the ratio of the incident wave at the antenna to the reflected wave, but some are Pi - Pr and others are Pr - Pi....
6
6

Amazon
Amazon has a surprising amount of electronic components for sale. Prices can be a fraction of Digikey. I wouldn't trust these for production, but they look interesting for experimenting. And I can...
85
85

Differential PWM filter
Say I have 2 or 3 PWM channels coming out of a FPGA or microcontroller or something, and I want to filter and sum them into one analog output. Is there any advantage to using 4 or 6 output lines and...
1
1

HP Prime graphing calc
I was looking at this and there is a free (as far as I can tell) emulator availble. default input is CAS, but you can change to RPN. Cheers
1
1