Subject Author Posted Replies

PING: Martin Riddle
Hi Martin, Sending E-mails to the various engineers I worked with at TLSI, I've received zero response. Is TLSI out of the chip business? When I was there on Long Island (when we met) TLSI seemed to...
2
2

A very silly circuit
12v automotive SSR, to replace a failed $35 unit in my car. Q3 | |-------+---O | |
97
97

Small voltage detector
Hello, I know that there are hordes of nice comparators in SOT-23, but just out of curiosity: is it possible to build a small voltage (relatively to GND) detector using just one transistor and no...
25
25

Diptrace solder mask
Hoping for a guru, is there any way to turn of the solder mask on just a small section of a PCB design. I've had no luck at all.
1
1

Death by 9V battery design challenge
Hi all, Just wondered if it is possible to come up with a circuit which would enable a single PP3 9V battery such as this: to function as the power source for a taser? I'm sure proprietary tasers are...
70
70

Microcontroller NG
I am somewhat disappointed at the lack of newsgroups dedicated to microcontrollers. Specifically the more popular ones such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Propeller, Basic Stamp, etc. The existing groups...
10
10

Alternative for Unix's 'dc' desktop calculator
Whenever I found myself out of reach of my HP32-C, I used to use the UNIX RPN desktop calculator 'dc'. However, for engineering, 'dc' gets very awkward with very large or very small numbers. So I made...
7
7

EMC Screening Query
I'm working with some equipment which contains a commercial SMPS which has been enclosed in a stainless steel box to screen it. However, we still get some noise from it, experiments suggest that this...
9
9

OT: Fetch random byte on PIC16F648A and "return"
OK, have code that can jump to any location AKA any part of any table of any length. So..PCLATH is set, PCL is set and BAM we see a RETLW . Obviously that is not a CALL so AFAIK nothing is pushed to...
9
9

OT: DDE Psipce
Jim, My fresh VM of WIN7 64bit already has an association for .sch files. I points to schdpl32.exe, MS schedual+ I think you need to scan the registry for these extensions: .sch .slb .mvl And delete...
4
4

Amplitude-dependence of 1/f noise
I was reading a paper by Rubiola & Brendel on oscillator noise, and he made the interesting comment that since 1/f noise is multiplicative in nature (e.g. conductance fluctuations in thick-film...
11
11

USB Flash drive repair
I have a Sandisk 32G USB flash drive that someone has given me in the hope that I might be able to salvage some data off it. Looks like it was in a laptop and jammed against a wall, resulting in...
19
19

software for electrical simulation of a design circuit
Hello, In my firm we are thinking to buy a software for electrical simulation. We do analog circuit. Our choice are between PROTEUS, LTSPICE, ELDO. Anyone can talk about his experience about theses...
7
7

Calculating inductors for switch mode
Hi guys I need to read about this - any good links on this subject? Coil dimensions (1mh ? 100uH) vs frequency/time vs charge and power transferred? WBR S
3
3

OT: Politics, but an amusing read
OT: Politics, but an amusing read... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142...
4
4