Subject Author Posted Replies

Project idea?
I have 20 feet of EL wire, a HV inverter, 500mAH LiPo battery with charger, and one of these wearable microcontroller protoboards: I think there's a fixed-point FFT code snippet that runs on the...
9
9

OT: Dummies with money
An article in the Boston Globe today about a woman who is a "long-time" resident of the Back Bay who, instead of paying the $500 a month that a reserved parking spot at the Prudential Center a few...
27
27

Adhesive to hold Speaker crossover components
I'm replacing a couple of capacitors in speaker crossover. The parts have a glue that holds them tight to the PCB, the glue is still a little bit rubbery after 33 years. (Pioneer HPM-700) What can I...
28
28

OT: programming problem
Yes, the same old PIC16F648A.. DELAY MOVWF sW ; save W ; following gives Warning: Argument out of range. Least significant bits used. MOVF sSTATUS,STATUS ;assy: d=1;sSTATUS@25 == save STATUS CLRF...
16
16

Gallium Arsenide CPU's ie Cray 3 and solar panels
Hi, I was reading about the Cray 3 supercomputer from about 20 years ago, 500MHz clock with lots of small gallium arsenide die bonded IC's connected together to form the processors.. I thought that...
20
20

How to normalize low frequency analog signals
Hello, Does anyone know how I could go about normalizing various analog signals of different amplitudes? For example, I'd like the circuit to be able to convert both a 2mVpp sine wave and a 20mVpp...
3
3

Stumped by odd LM7815 output -- request help
Could some electronics guru please help ? I am building a +/- 15 Volt 2 A (max) power supply for personal use, and I am very puzzled by the behavior of the LM 7815 voltage regulator. THe step down...
56
56

Problem with SCR.. or is it
Hello, I have an opamp driving the base of an SCR. Here is the circuit: The output of the opamp is is great, Basically goes high when the + input receives a fainth signal. The problem is that the led...
12
12

Lead-Acid sealed battery: detect when it's wrong
I'm talking about batteries installed in UPS. They are always fully charged and works only for some seconds/minutes after a black-out. Depending on the black-out duration, they can discharge almost...
9
9

Inverting Sallen-Key low pass filter
Can someone please describe the circuit topology for an inverting two pole Sallen-Key (or similar) low pass filter, or point me to a reliable diagram? There are plenty of circuits online for the...
43
43

OT: MPlab error message (sometimes)
On rare and ranDUMB occasions, i get to see: "PICErr0037:Timed out waiting for response from PICkit3." "Programming failed." At that point, the system is useless. If i unplug the PCkit3 and remove...
6
6

Velleman Soldering Iron VTSS5
Found one of these today new for $10 at a swap meet. Looked like a good iron with adjustabe temperature and a small tip for small stuff. Unfortunately, I didn't realize the housing that holds the iron...
6
6

filling vias
Has anyone filled vias with solder to improve thermal and electrical conduction? I figure that if a via has an unmasked pad, and it's solder pasted and reflowed, the solder will melt and flow into the...
69
69

OT: PIC16F648A "mismatch"
Been doing a lot of experimental programming on a PIC16F648A. This morning when i fired up the MPlab PICkit3, and target board,i got a message like "Device mismatch target id 0000 0000 does not match...
13
13

Package Mechanical Drawings
I have read part mechanical drawings for some time now, but it seems there is a lot more information than I am able to get out of them. For example, has a drawing for the VF256 on page 91. The usual...
8
8