Subject Author Posted Replies

Fishing buzzer TX-i standard
Bit of a long shot...Anyone have any experience of these ? This one keeps on beeping as if it's in permanent 'power on test mode'.....( as per the instruction manual) My thought is the TLC27L2 piezo...

OT: Thanks!
To all of you who recommended Foxit PhantomPDF, Thanks! As I learn all its bells and whistles I find it a far superior product compared to Adobe Acrobat. Besides, Adobe Acrobat is going to the...
30
30

OT: Eversource
Currently staying with a relative at a senior housing complex. Power had been out here for about ten hours after what appeared to be a pole pig explosion. There were two guys here in a bucket truck...
3
3

LM337L stability
Might a 337L get unstable if it sees a bunch (like 20 uF) of ceramic cap load? The data sheets are impressively vague about that. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision...
10
10

Binary to decimal decoder with open collector outputs?
Did anyone make a 74** something or other that was a binary to one-of-ten decoder that had open collector/drain outputs that one could wired-OR together? I need to take a binary coded output from a...
8
8

Oooh, pretty! (Russian chip package)
Double-checking a package name, I came on this: The west may have had better ICs, but the Ruskies certainly found a pretty way to package them!
18
18

another thermal thing
I'd like to dissipate 40 watts from a D2PAK. This little experiment has no vias, and the copper thickness is 1 oz. All the thermal conduction is through the epoxy-glass. Theta is measured from the fet...
38
38

Dual 9 Pin Male USB To 19 Pin Female USB Adapter
Hi, Does anyone know where I can order a dual 9 pin male USB to 19 pin female USB adapter? I have found a single. To be clear, I have a motherboard with two standard 9 pin headers and a case with a 19...
6
6

hot air rework station
Just reading another thread, where Tim W. recommends the sparkfun hot air station. This one I assume, Any other thumbs up? Or other favorites? (I'm thinking we should have had one of these years ago.)...
32
32

OT: C++ Redistributables
Which of these do I need... and which should I uninstall? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San...
14
14

Brushed universal motor speed controller connection?
Do I just (unplug and then) split one of the extension cord wires and attach the cut wire to those two terminals? Thanks.
8
8

How to Produce a Non-polarised EM Field
Can anyone here advise how to produce a non-polarized electromagnetic field for experimental purposes? In other words, non-linear polarization such as encountered with ambient sunlight, etc. It seems...
31
31

Identify Wire
I've got lots of single conductor stranded reels of wire to identify. How do I tell if it's 0.1 or 0.2mm strands? My calipers aren't accurate enough. All I can think so far is to snip a bit and...
67
67

sheet resistor simulator
Hi, I'm thinking about the shapes of some PCB traces and some metal brackets, specifically what the resistance of connections will be, and current densities. This will be mostly flat stuff, uniform...
28
28

Braided sleeving, fraying ends
I use small diameter braided sleeving (Ca 1.5mm) for covering wiring in matrix-boarded prototypes. It works fine except for the fact that the cut ends invariably fray, the board ends up with feathery...
6
6