Subject Author Posted Replies

(Software Driven) Transputer.
Hello, Here is an idea for futher exploration, it may become the future of computing in the far future, but perhaps it has some merit today. The "Software Driven" transputer is the most purest form of...
9
9

AMD suited for selling 4 core chips as 8 core chips.
Another chip company in trouble because of "fraud", AMD suited for selling 4 core chips as 8 core chips: I am happy to see these lawsuits. I hope CEOs of these companies take time to have a serious...
34
34

OT: Video Recording
What's the best program to use to record your PC screen as you perform various operations? ** I'm considering creating a few tutorial videos. ** I hear that camstudio is nice _EXCEPT_ it also installs...
27
27

OT: Siemens SX576 router bridge mode
Does some know how to put this router in bridge mode ? This router is connected with UTP to main router on the other floor... GM

SPICE simulation -- how to bias a crystal oscillatoir
Could some electronics/SPICE guru please help ? I have a simple model of a quartz crystal, as used in an oscillator. With my SPICE simulation, I can measure both the parallel and series resonant...
26
26

new whiteboard
I love whiteboards. They increase my IQ by about 10 points. Great for solitary or group brainstorming. I sometimes photograph whiteboard sketches and send them to customers, in emails and proposals....
19
19

In The Ever lasting Chain Of Experiments The Next Project, ultrasonics, part 4
In The Ever lasting Chain Of Experiments The Next Project, ultrasonic anti-fouling for boats. OK, Got the push pull drive working, The cycle by cycle current limit reacts, will wind a current...
9
9

Visualizing the 4th, 5th, 6th dimensions and such.
Hello, Let's suppose for a moment that Earth itself is sitting on some invisible matter. Matter in another dimension. Matter in another dimension which is influenced by "special/magic" fields like...
12
12

OT: Doctors are NOT gods; fire those that act that way
Quote from a doctor: Your Doctor Probably Won't Get This Question Right... Your doctor could be killing you. I've been saying this for years. Blind obedience to everything your doctor tells you is...
13
13

LT Spice powering opamps
I usually have a couple of "voltage" things off to the side, making +5 and -5 or whatever, and have each opamp with little doglegs on its power pins, same net names. Somewhere I thought I saw a...
5
5

How do I make pcb-lesstif load custom footprints
(newlib) I don't get the footprint in the library window. The default libraries look ok. I've downloaded "pwrjack-2.1-5.5-3pin.fp" from gedasymbols, and put it in a local pkg/newlib directory. I've...
6
6

Netlist to Veroboard?
I've recently taken up my electronics hobby again. After basics like cleani ng up my shed workshop etc, I'm re-learning a lot of basic stuff I've forg otten during the last 15-20 years. This includes...
10
10

In The Ever lasting Chain Of Experiments The Next Project, ultrasonics, some question about DANGERS
In The Ever lasting Chain Of Experiments The Next Project, ultrasonic anti-fouling for boats. The asm looks like this, ; Panteltje (c) (anti fouling) Copyright Jan Panteltje 2015-always ; driver code...
4
4

Way OT: or not? Magnetic monopoles. (mm)
Way OT: or not. Magnetic monopoles. (mm) Back story: My son, 14 , was asking about the universe black holes, (he hates energy conservation.. :^) And I went on line and bought "the First Three...
14
14

Groundplane under SMPS power inductor
I have seen designs where there is a cutout in the groundplane under the power inductor in e.g. a buck converter. Inductor is nominally a "shielded" one. I assume it is to prevent some kind of...
48
48