Subject Author Posted Replies

Variable inductor in LTSpice
How do I define a voltage (or current)-dependent inductor in LTSpice? In the case of a resistor I simply write R=100*V(Vkey), but the simulator refuses to accept L=... I don't care about hysteresis,...
11
11

TS555IN question (CMOS timer)
We have a remote signaling device that operates from a 3.2V battery source using a CMOS version of the timer.. 3.pdf At random and I mean very random, the circuit may need a power cycle. I was able to...
7
7

Steel melter for forty bucks? Needs a KW dc supply. Also $1 100nS 30KV! Also ALSO!
The woods are full of these today: 1000W 12-48V 20A ZVS High Frequency Low Voltage Induction Heating Board I wonder if they'll levitate an aluminum chunk before meltin git? Bend the coil into cone...
82
82

ZXSC310 demo board
Hi all Can anyone tell where I can find a ZXSC310 demo board? wbr sonnich

ping Win LND150 avalanche
I have a low power 1400 volt power supply and I'd like to add a bleeder, and have an LED light up if there's voltage present on the caps. I was thinking about a series stack of three LND150 depletion...
40
40

LCR meter recommendations?
Hi all, I'm looking to acquire a new LCR meter to replace the old bridges I've been formerly using, which can be a bit cumbersome. Can anyone recommend one from personal experience? I've watched all...
10
10

Mildly [OT]: Security dongle for SATA drives
Hi, all, In my recent reading on computer security, one of the things that keeps coming up is malware that rewrites your disk firmware. Since the disk has DMA access to main memory, this allows...
14
14

PCB routing
Hi There! I have a bit of an identity crisis wrt to hand routing in that I never seem to be able to get my boards to look nice (subjective, I know). I generally use XY routing which is easy to do but...
12
12

Bias current, leakage, DC offset? Remote trouble shooting
Hi all, I've got a customer in Singapore. They have four of our lockin amplifiers and have just bought a fifth. The input is an instrument amp. (AD620). And I've sketched the input wiring here. (Cap...
38
38

Thyrsistor size.
I was thinking, maybe my next project could use a set of these Jamie
8
8

Surprise !!! Get $5-50 PCB cash coupons
Pcbway ( ) is the PCB manufacturer Good quality , Low prices, NO MOQ, 1pcs is OK Register now to get $5-50 cash coupons, You can use it to deduct the pcb cost More details pls feel free to contact us...

OT: Product Key for Streets & Trips 2013
Anyone have Product Key for Streets & Trips 2013? It was a download from several years back and I can't find the E-mail with the product key. Alternatively, is there an economical replacement?...
12
12

In The Ever lasting Chain Of Experiments The Next Project, ultrasonics part 12
In The Ever lasting Chain Of Experiments The Next Project, ultrasonic anti-fouling for boats. Part 13 Automation and other things. As I heard a tick every time the frequency changed when mounting the...

linearize thermistor
Sorry I know I've seen this here before.. But a quick search didn't yield what I wanted. (and I went looking in Phil H's book) I want to linearize an NTC thermistor (10 k ohm at 25C) What's the trick...
14
14

[PCB] thermals when pins and pads overlap
I've been placing SMD style pads over a footprints pins, to increase the copper in one direction, as the pins on the package are not cylindrical, but elongated. It seems I can not place thermals on...
1
1