Subject Author Posted Replies

Leaky circuit boards
So, for a hobby project I have a scrap of old phenolic circuit board with traces carved out with an X-acto knife. It's providing a power switch and a pushbutton. It's been working well enough to turn...
16
16

OT: The smell of soldering
There is nothing better than the smell of rosin core flux. How wonderful it is. I guess I am hooked.
39
39

Hey, surplus DC PM motors exist again.
Usta be lots of cheap large PM motors, takeouts from big takeup reel direct drives. Nice for big robotics, speed-control tools, or use as generators. Where did they all go? Am. Science Surplus...

Wireless
Just in case anyone is interested, there is a vote being held regarding the creation of a new group, Some say (I among them) that the existing unmoderated group is not fit for purpose. I urge anyone...
1
1

In The Ever lasting Chain Of Experiments The Next Project, ultrasonics part 12
In The Ever lasting Chain Of Experiments The Next Project, ultrasonic anti-fouling for boats. Part 14 The transformer core I ordered from ebay arrived, wound the new bigger transformer today: that is...

Another Low-Cost Computer
A $9 Linux computer processor and hums along with 512MB of RAM and 4GB of flash storage. It also has a full-sized USB port and a composite video out, so it can work with older televisions.

Martin
Martin it is largely academic if an Edison type bulb is 100% current source. When testing a lipo between 4.2 and 3.1 V or a lead acid between 14.7 and 10.7 it is good enough (tm)
4
4

State variable filter Q
Just discovered state variable filters, look as a good way to get sharp filtering. BUT. Theory looks super, Spice modelling (with "opamp" chosen) is so-so, and hell to tune and hell to get a nice...
14
14

Present for Larkin
Hey, John, what do you think about this?: Version 4 SHEET 1 1624 1476 WIRE -480 -32 -608 -32 WIRE -352 -32 -480 -32 WIRE -1856 0 -2448 0 WIRE -1600 0 -1856 0 WIRE -1376 0 -1600 0 WIRE -1088 0 -1376 0...
63
63

Raspberry Pi Zero $5
A Broadcom BCM2835 application processor 1GHz ARM11 core (40% faster than Raspberry Pi 1) 512MB of LPDDR2 SDRAM A micro-SD card slot A mini-HDMI socket for 1080p60 video output Micro-USB sockets for...
3
3

Raspberry brings out 5 dollar computer
Raspberry brings out 5 dollar computer:
109
109

OT: Amazing Life Hacks
I just stumbled across an amazing group of Youtube videos showing how to solve ordinary daily problems in completely new ways. The link below is just one of dozens of simple ideas on how to solve...

System Utility on a disc finally gets a long awaited update
KNOPPIX, of course! 7.6.0 It has been about two years this time around (not really, but it felt like that long).

Request expert opinion on this wireless cellphone charger circuit
Could some electronics guru please provide his/her opinion on this supposed wireless cellphone charger circuit at the following URL: What puzzles me is that how could an oscillator be set up with just...
11
11

24V Gate Driver, cheap
Hey I need a CMOS gate to drive high side N channel MOSFETs. Power rail is 24VDC First idea is the CD4050, but it's 0.1 USD Is there any device that comes close to that price and has better drive...
30
30