Subject Author Posted Replies

Itty bitty O-scope probes
The world is getting smaller, and my O-scope probes are the same size as they were in the 1980s. A search on "miniature oscilloscope probes" got hits on stuff not much smaller than I'm using now,...
39
39

cool paper on whiskers
"Whiskers are making a mockery of 60 years of research." http://nepp.nasa.gov/whisker/reference/tech_papers/2012-Panashchenko-IPC-Art-of-Metal-Whisker-Appreciation.pdf
47
47

Anyone has news of Jan Panteltje?
Jan Panteltje was a regular poster on this group, but we haven't heard of him since March last year or thereabouts. Does anyone have any news? Jeroen Belleman
19
19

DC DC Converter
Hi, anyone know about a DC DC converter with an input range of 300VDC to 450VDC, with an output range of 12VDC to 14VDC at 50A? thanks.
12
12

Current Transformer/Sensor at 60Hz
I need to sense ~200mA AC at 60Hz. Is there a CT rated for such use or should I just cobble up an old filament transformer? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
7
7

current sensor for arduino
Hi. Am looking for some ready made solution that i can use for detecting current change. The input can be 220V or 50V AC ( depending from device ). Basically, this will be current limitation based on...
4
4

ARM is sold
This could be bad. Maybe the world needs an open-source RISC architecture.
24
24

temp sensor 3pin IC, marked AZP18
On a neat compact SMD device as 3 stage cold alarm, preset temps. I wish to lower the presets about 3 degrees, powered for 10 years of a small Li cell. Assuming no temp sensor inside the PIC chip, 3...
2
2

Help identifying connector
(The images of the plug are stills from a video. I don?t have it in my possession.) The header measures approx.: pin dia: 0.6 mm,0.024 in spacing: 3.85 mm, 0.152 in How can I identify the type of...
3
3

Phototransistor fed to a transimpedance amplifier
Hi all. I'm running through some test of a phototransistor signal conditioner, and I'm facing with wild noise issues. The conditioning is a basic TIA stage: Feedback resistor is 5K, feedback capacitor...
45
45

OT: The Californica "Paradise"
The Californica "Paradise".... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype:...
12
12

Cascode emitter follower
What think ye? Purpose: increase the output voltage range of an emitter follower. Like, the complementary follower in the output of an audio amp. But maybe not for audio, but for 50 ohm loads, hence...
44
44

Tek TDS 744A -> TDS 784A upgrade hack!
Hi, all, Just wanted to report success in upgrading my TDS 744A scope (500 MHz, 2 gigasamples) to a much swoopier TDS 784A (1 GHz, 4 gigasamples). It now identifies itself as a TDS 784A everywhere...
7
7

inverse beta
Anybody know the the typical inverse beta (positive base current, negative collector current) of a typical NPN gumdrop transistor, like a BCX70 maybe? I suppose I could get off my swivel chair and...
54
54

OT Complex analysis book recommendation?
I need to get someone up to speed on the application of Z-transforms. My standard reference on this topic is EI Jury's text, but it does assume a knowledge of complex analysis which seems to be a bit...
23
23