Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Pocket-sized Camera
I'm looking for a decent camera, yet small enough to drop in a shirt pocket. Recommendations? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's...
27
27

PING: Phil Hobbs, JFET Noise
Phil, What makes a JFET less noisy than a enhancement mode CMOS device? Would a depletion mode CMOS device be quieter? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
11
11

BNC pricing
$19 at 100: $1.25 at 100: $1.26 at 100: $9.22 at 315: Pretty strange.
64
64

Need a Triac; haven't got one!
Hi, I need a triac but all I have in my junk box is a pile of these: I've read in various books that a triac is just two of these devices wired back to back, but is that strictly true? Is it possible...
114
114

ASIC Foundry with JFET Process?
I've had an inquiry from a potential chip design customer that seeks to find an ASIC foundry with a process that has a good low-noise JFET. I'm having trouble verifying X-Fab's XB-06 JFET because the...
17
17

Embarcadero C++ Builder Free Licence
Embarcadero are offering free licences to their C++ Builder starter addition until the end of the week (it has a clang based compiler with full C++11 support).
6
6

Using a DMM to measure output isolation/crosstalk
I'm making some PCB's that have some DC to DC converters on them with three 5 Volt converters, one 15 volt converter, and a converter with +/- 12 volt s DC. On the PCB the output pins are in a...
3
3

Faint IC Marking
Why are many ICs marked so faintly? I have seen any number of devices where they are hard to read even if angled in the light just so. I bought an open frame power supply and while inspecting it found...
33
33

OT: Pete Fountain is Dead
Pete Fountain is Dead... The ought to be some "didn't he ramble" parade! ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems |...
2
2

Digital RF Capacitors
Has anybody here had contact/experience with WiSpry parts?
30
30

"Flying" distributors for 1/4" quick connects?
They are called different names among manufacturers but everyone knows them from washing machines, fridges, cars and so on: Where can I find an insulated piece where you can plug three or more of such...
28
28

Altium Designer Training
I let my Altium subscription lapse at release 10, but recently downloaded their latest release to see if it was worth upgrading. When browsing for information on the recent additions to the software I...
4
4

Anyone missed this?
There was an assassination attempt of The FSB station chief (that is the local Rezedent or head spy if you like) at Rio right near the games venues. Bets are some naughty official, judge or athlete...
1
1

I need an old Electronics reprint.
"For low cost, count on RTL" Electronics vol 41 pages 71 ++ Probably one of the March 1968 issues. All hell broke loose on this, ending up with me being permanently banned from Electronics. Seems that...
2
2

Custom instrument labels
Hi, all, As I've mentioned, the hunchbacks and I are going into the photoreceiver business. The first product is the QL-01, a 1 uA FS photoreceiver that's shot noise limited above 10 nA in a 1 MHz...
55
55