Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Week End Project
...Jim Thompson
8

Voltage controlled duty cycle with a CMOS inverter
Hi I need a dirt cheap voltage controlled duty cycle I have a couple of inverters on the board that are free to use. Anyone done a voltage controlled duty cycle with a 5V logic inverters? I can't use...
34
34

Heathkit, Clock
I see they now have a 7-segment Clock kit availble. BTW, my first kit was one of those Mostek IC clocks in the 70's. Lasted well into the early 90's Cheers
21
21

ESD protection chips
Hi, all, I'm in the midst of productizing that cotton spark detector that I demoed in the spring, and talked about here a fair amount. The architecture is a main control panel talking to N integrator...
13
13

exponential converter temperature stabilization
Could some electronics guru...heh, no, I'm not that guy. But could some electronics guru explain how this circuit is supposed to stabilize the Vt dependence of a differential pair V->I exponential...
22
22

Digital sound system
My TV has a optical jack to hook up a digital sound system. The manual has no additional details on that jack. I would like to hook up some external speakers to hear better sound that those cheapie...
2
2

Voice Recorder as Test Signal Sorce
What would be the cleanest automated way to retrigger this digital voice recording module to play back a "continuous" sound? In other words, if the recording is 20 seconds long, to retrigger playback...
2
2

Internet Telephone
Does a simple Internet telephone interface exist? I think perhaps not, or not at a cost less than $200. Google finds plenty of devices, but most have complexities I just don't want. Let me explain and...
87
87

Intel
and same thing here and Some day someone will write a really good book about the rise and fall of Intel, and the effect of Intel on creating the predatory culture of Silicon Valley. Intel has clung...
19
19

Momentary > 5 seconds > Latch
I'll probably end up getting a 50 cent PIC and do this but screwed around with a 4011, a latching SCR -- 555 trying to do it with minimum parts count. Just curious if you (experts) come up with...
29
29

Domestic US source for small quantity of CA3127 transistor array?
I'm looking for one or two of these arrays for a small home project. Yes, I know they're available from China on eBay, but I'd much rather find a couple of vintage (and authentic and working) parts...
18
18

Semi OT: Detroit leads the way in EV technology
Tesla is fun to watch, but GM has the clout to bring inexpensive long-range electric vehicles to the masses. In general, compared to what Tesla and GM have in the pipeline, the EV offerings by the...
109
109

LHC Black Holes
I was explaining black holes to a friend who asked about the LHC and thought about what might happen if a tiny black hole were created. I believe matter falling into a microscopic black hole would...
150
150

jitter on SPI interface and clock-domains
Hi, I am currently again learning some more VHDL and the exercise project I am working on now is to implement SPI slave. This is to be used in combination with a STM32F103 maple mini clone. Question....
15
15

Maximum current for analog switch
Say I use an analog switch like this one to drive a capacitance or rather the gate of a FET to turn it on with 5V and turn it off shunting to 0V It's a 20 ohms part if driven from 5V The gate has...
53
53