Subject Author Posted Replies

Wireless Relay Closure
What is the best (that is, most reliable) way to, upon application of 110VAC to a device, have it wirelessly operate a relay on the other side of the house? ...Jim Thompson
25
25

great book
Many of us geeky guys were Sherlock Holmes fans in our youth. I must have read all the stories five times, and still reread one now and then. The mysteries weren't the point; Sherlock was. This is a...
42
42

Ultra-low power switching boost converter - in a DIP
For a hobby project, I've found the perfect part for converting battery power to a very low current (2 ma at most) 28V power supply. And that is the Linear Technologies LT8410-1 "Ultralow Power Boost...
24
24

OT: Utility easements
Folks, Since I can't find much on the web, maybe someone here had this issue. Long story short the water utility wanted to fix the sewer on their side of the clean-out because it backed up too much....
36
36

OT: Good Read
...Jim Thompson
7
7

OT: Amusing Find
Amusing Find... while rummaging thru one of my catch-all drawers. Back in the '60's and '70's when chip layout were done by hand, drawn on stabilene. ...Jim Thompson
40
40

BBOX - belguim router
Did someone try to setup port forward on this router ? I can not set anything else accept 80 / 443 port. E.

LM566 alternative.
I have benn trying to find a decent alternative to the LM566 VCO. It does not seem to be sold anymore at reputable sellers and the ones on EBay (from China) I don't trust to be authentic or...
22
22

EMI-resistant input transformer design
Hi, all:= Okay, so I have a very low level very low noise narrow band signal at < 1MHz coming in over shielded twisted pair with a fairly active EMI environment. I've designed an step-up input...
27
27

Panasonic KX-P1093
ANYbody have a manual for the Panasonic KX-P1093 ? Also, ANYbody have a driver? So far,drivers for the Epson FX-100, FX-80, FX-80+ and the LX-80 all(more or less) work. Problem is graphics is all low...

1940s radio
I'm looking for any info on this one, I've found next to nothing online. It has no manufacturer name anywhere, and no back. It's a 3 valver with mazda octal military valves, 2x VR65 rf pentodes (aka...
27
27

OT: Shaped Spotlight ??
Shaped Spotlight ?? Is this obtainable, a shaped spotlight with a 16" x 12" pattern at 5' from the ceiling? ...Jim Thompson
6
6

Superior PCB assembly workmanship
Dig the superior workmanship on the underside of this Chinese built "eBay Special" SMPS bench supply!
10
10

small DC motor - attachment to spindle?
I have a small dc motor (think slot car), being used as a door actuator for the door locks on my car. It has an attachment on the 20mm long spindle. I've looked and looked, pro dded, pulled (lol), but...
5
5

Damn, burned out my 100-watt 50-ohm resistor!
A major meltdown last Friday for my 8ns 1kV SiC MOSFET pulser. After set of tests at 400V and 4MHz repetition rate, with everything working fine, I had to increase the frequency. A loose hand slip and...
24
24