Subject Author Posted Replies

NTC capacitors
Not many people still make these. Everything else in the world seems to have a positive TC: pc boards, varicaps, inductors. I want a 2 pF N3300, and probably won't find one.
56
56

Cable Modem Help
Looking at getting Spectrum cable but having spec difficulty. They will provide a router only, router with wifi or router with wifi and phone but cannot give me specs. What's my problem ? I currently...
61
61

Can powerbanks shorten lithium battery life ?
I have a powerbank that I use to charge my cell phone. 10,400 ma is it's capacity. Output 3.7 V It has 2 outputs. 1.0 and 2.1 amps and I use the 2.1 amp My cell battery is about one yr old....
35
35

Resonant power converter
Hello all, long time no post from me. I'm still alive and I see a lot of f amiliar names are still here. I'm working on a resonant power converter design for a consumer LED lightin g application. I...
8
8

Efficiently Regulate 12VDC Down to 3VDC
I am building a project that is powered by a 12VDC 1A wall adaptor. Within it is an digital voice recorder IC that will only run on 3VDC or less. It only consumes a few mA though. What is the simplest...
32
32

The Human Antenna
Every year that I listened to FM radio or watched broadcast TV I noticed th at the radio signal fades if the antenna is not in its best direction or sh ape or length or something. I tried a hundred...
13
13

check your stock
It may be that we bought a reel of yellow LEDs for the DPC.
2
2

Extract Free Elections From Earth
This researcher has a number of videos in which he appears to draw current from the Earth to supplement an RF oscillator that lights LED's More light with the same current. Any idea what is happening...
60
60

OT: Could This Be The Election...
... that finally makes voter fraud the issue it should be instead of being shouted down by cries of racism? ead-veteran-vote/ "A Virginia Young Democrat working for a Democrat-aligned voter registrat...
21
21

Input (protection) FET or npn
Hi all a simple input circuit take a input pulse. And stretches it a bit. (from previous post on pulse stretching.) The input looks like this.. (bad asci art) +5V +--------+ | R(1M) _ ---+ ^ | | | |/c...
12
12

Art of Electronics, signed copy, 6th printing, $69.
I've got two new copies of the our book, signed by Paul and me, up for sale on eBay, for $80 + $3.99 shipping (the list price is $120). These are 6th printing, see the eBay link for images and more...
46
46

Qualcomm in talks to acquire NXP
This is getting downright confusing. Freescale sold their stuff to NXP. NXP sold its old RF power transistors to Ampleon. Analog Devices buys Linear Tech. The article said that the consolidation is...
43
43

Large PDN from Analog Devices
15
15

More inductor talk, Proximity effect, self capacitance
A fine gentleman did an experiment building two inductors. The coils were wound with 420/46 litz. Both inductors have 40 turns. One inductor is close wound (215uh 7.7pf distributed capacitance). The...
18
18

beads and zero ohm resistors
Has anyone measured the resistance and tempco of cheap surface-mount zero-ohm resistors? Has anyone measured the resistance tempco of surf-mount ferrite beads? How are those constructed anyhow? I...
28
28