Subject Author Posted Replies

[ ISM ] Vector Calculus, Linear Algebra, and Differential Forms 2nd edition by Hubbard and Burke
Titles in Mathematics, Advanced Engineering Mathematics, Discrete and Combi natorial Mathematics, Mathematical Economics, Mathematical Analysis for Bus iness, Economics, Differential Equations and...

10 mega-watt hours
The production meter for our solar roof just ticked over past 10MWh. That's a pretty serious amount of power to generate in the 9.5 months since switching on the system.
43
43

Estimating maximum current of DDR3L memory banks
Hi, i want to estimate the maximum current that can be consumed of a DDR3L memory bank, consisting of 4 chips with 16 bits data bus width, so in total 64 bit. I need this maximum current for the power...
5
5

Looking for component test clips
I'm looking for a few (about a dozen) of the little connectors like those that are typically found on the small Chinese capacitor checkers. It's the little slotted connectors into which the capacitor...
5
5

Flux fux, and 10 Meg ohm
I took back testing of resistor values on a high impedance circuit. (I hear piglet snickering... but discretely, as is proper.) The 10 meg ohm surface mounts are leaking... ~2-5% level... ~30% if I...
82
82

Spreadsheet Formatting for Optional Decimal Places
I would like to have a cell display optional decimal places which is typically done done with the '#' character. But if there are no digits other than zeros in the fraction it still displays the...

EBAY fakes again?
Hi all, a rather puzzling ebay story: I make small boards with small SRAM modules 8Kx8. Sometimes, ebay auctions are too good with respect to digikey's and other distributor prices. So I took the...
39
39

I2C bus needs capacitance?
I've got a couple boards that use this method to level shift: The I2C master is 3.3V while all the slaves are 5V devices. This works fin e, except on the newest board. Only one of the (3 in this case)...
43
43

Cloud Storage
Please help me decide on a free cloud storage service. MS One Drive Google Drive or ??? Pros and Cons please all available. I will encrypt anything I store there so no worries. --- news:// -...
24
24

Cracked resistor?
So, a customer sent me a board with the query "whuzzup?" It turns out that there's a resistor in there, which I mostly put in so that I could monitor current, but I kinda put in as a last-ditch fuse...
19
19

OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea
You lose all control over making all your most important laws. Here's another fine example of why we've decided to pull out of the EU. We now have to pay for this scumbag's room and board for *at...
39
39

Get C0G performance up to 0.47uF
C0G and NP0 capacitor dielectrics are popular for their low or zero capacitance change with voltage. However in small SMT packages, 0805, they're only available up to ~ 0.01uF. For higher values we're...
4
4

98% efficient 4 watt 12V DC-DC converter EE13/7/3 N87 ferrite
I just received some EPCOS EE13/7/3 ferrite cores in type N87 and a matching bobbin for dual isolated windings. I was able to fit 12 turns of #24AWG magnet wire for primary and secondary. I used some...
23
23

Two questions about differential and difference equations
I'm working on an instructional video, and while I don't mind tossing out some hand-waving, and even some minor inaccuracies, I don't want to get things ENTIRELY wrong. First question: Quite a while...
3
3

Li-Ion questions (charger, fast-cycling)
Hi Folks, Just bought another Li-Ion deal with charger: The charger is like this little guy, a switcher that can deliver 1 amp: The typical battery is two cell bundles in series so 8.4V max. To my...
14
14