Subject Author Posted Replies

Ungrounded Couche ?
Hmmm... I bought a new couch... at first I noticed electricity discharges when I touched some metal after standing up from the couche. I thought hmmm I am insolated (plastic inhouse shoes) and so is...
4
4

Disk Space Viewers
I used a program on my older computers to visualize the disk space used and the various file sizes. I don't recall the name, but it would split the window into rectangles with a size proportional to...
18
18

Need clarification on RF related concepts
Could some electronics guru please help ? I am a bit rusty on some RF concepts so I request some clarifications from the gurus here. By definition, a 4:1 balun has 4 times the impedance on the...
17
17

'One of the Most Vivid Arithmetic Failings Displayed by Americans'
From James Choi: Why the Third Pounder hamburger failed: One of the most vivid arithmetic failings displayed by Americans occurred in the early 1980s, when the A&W restaurant chain released a new...
88
88

Looking for a power receptacle
Can someone point me to a source for a few of the chassis mount Panasonic-style power receptacles? The one I'm after is the mating receptacle for a power cord like the one shown at Ebay item#...
1
1

Roll your own microphone
Does anyone have any links to sites where people are making their own microphones of decent quality? I'm not going to do it -- just entertain myself on a Saturday. I'm fascinated by the capacitive...
21
21

General constraints for inductive power transfer
I'm trying to get a feel for the pertinent issues that would drive the design of a wireless power coupler. [I state it as a "wireless power coupler" and not a "charger" even though there will be a...
13
13

Art of Electronics, signed, 8th printing, $79 on eBay, international OK.
I have put up signed copies of the 8th printing on eBay. These are available for international shipping, using an eBay forwarding service. item # 252587381486
24
24

nice little opamp
This is rrio, 8 MHz, 32 volts max supply. It seems to be c-load stable at 1 uF and up, ceramic or tantalum, which means it can drive bypassed reference rails and low-current power rails. It rails...
9
9

LiIon Battery Shelf Life?
Just had to replace the LiIon battery on my (non-smart) LG VN251 cellphone. I was pondering availability of replacement batteries in the future and was wondering... what IS the shelf life of an LiIon...
9
9

OT: Here's what happens when your borders aren't defended
Coming to *your* town imminently if Hillary wins next month: Another Sloman/Soros style multicultural paradise!
53
53

covert action
2
2

fan current
Pretty ugly.
50
50

Best Cheap Capacitance Meter?
Best Cheap Capacitance Meter?
34
34

Cordless Anti Static Bracelet Electrostatic ESD Discharge Cable Band Wrist Strap (?)
I'm just a wee bit skeptical I think.... Technical Specifications: Protect sensitive electronic components from ESD (electrostatic discharge) Current limiting resistor IMOhm .5%, Electro-scattering...
10
10