50 ohms to 0.02 ohm transformer

I have pretty well solved what was a ground loop problem putting the

60Hz signal on my osc. So the transformer is not so important now. Maybe later, because I would still like a more stable osc.

Solving the ground loop allows me to use a scope or RF meter to monitor injection voltage, but the scope allows turning drive to zero, the RF meter still only goes to 2mv.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I can't see the first one, but that second picture makes me want one. All I need now is a reason...

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

I wonder if it would be an advantage to split the ring opposite the wire connection so it isn't a closed closed loop

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I wondered that also. btw, the wires you see are for the 50 turn primary connection. For the one turn secondary, the connections can be anywhere around the circumference to the two buss bars. (16gauge wire) Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Probably not. My thoughts, this way if the 50 turns primary is progressive its parasitic single turn will see a shorted turn, thus improing EMI shielding.

Jasen Betts