4A2D LDO Specs

I am trying to find a definitive document (English preferred) that outlines the official output current capability of the 4A2D (@ 3.3V).

I see that the official schematic for the stm32 "blue pill" PCB specifies the RT9133-33 as the LDO instead, rated ~ 300 mA. Mine however, came with the 4A2D SOT23 device. Can I assume that its capability is about the same?

Schematic:

Warren, VE3WWG

Reply to
Warren

Unless I misunderstand your question I'm not sure you will find anything better than the manufacturers data sheet.

Reply to
Trumble

Entering 4A2D into

reveals it to be a Torex XC6204A23ADR regulator. HTH

piglet

Reply to
piglet

And yes, I did misunderstand!

Reply to
Trumble

Thanks, that is just what I needed.

Warren

Reply to
Warren

03C8-schematic.pdf

Using:

If I assume a XC6204A, B Series part and the circuit shown as "Typical Appl ication Circuit", then when no input is provided to VIN and CE is likewise grounded by discharged CIN, then the internals of the LDO are shutdown/disa bled.

However, looking at the block diagram, if someone were to supply +3.3V at t he VOUT end, then some current would flow internally through the voltage di vider from VOUT to VSS, through R2 and R1 (I'm ignoring the zeners and othe r internal leakages).

Is there a way to determine the voltage divider current flow (or R1 + R2) f rom the datasheet?

If I had the separate part, I would simply measure Rtotal from VOUT to VSS on the bench. But even if I had an isolated part, I would have trouble hand ling it, let alone seeing the pins. It would likely skate across the bench and onto the floor for the cats to play with.

The only reason I care about this is for STM32 experiments operating with +

3.3V supplied directly (i.e. not using the regulator) in the lowest current configurations. I want to know how much of a factor the unused regulator w ill be. I suspect that the current will be in the 1 uA range but this reall y depends upon internal Rtotal at VOUT.

The datasheet does list Istby, but this does not take into account V being applied at VOUT.

Warren, ve3wwg

Reply to
Warren

address is compromised?

RL

Reply to
legg

Might be. It worked the first day that Piglet responded. The next day I went back and it misbehaved. Or perhaps the bills haven't been paid?

Warren

Reply to
Warren

That domain name is for sale.