Subject Author Posted Replies

Dr Ben Carson
I just saw that Dr Ben Carson has indicated he would not be accepting a post in the Trump cabinet, saying he believes he does not have the experience needed to "run an entire agency". WTF???!!! He ran...
57
57

Relay coil has inductive reactance proportional to sqrt(f)
I assume this is because of eddy current losses. Does anybody know how to model sqrt(f) as an impedance in Pspice? I'm guessing a series combination of parallel LR's, but I don't know how to calculate...
28
28

How did those lightscribe things work?
I had been reading about pcb direct exposure a while back, and now I am wondering if something like that could be cobbled together from the remains of an old cdrom drive... Unfortunately I have no...
3
3

Temperature sensing technologies
Suggestions for inexpensive, repeatable (no need for high uncalibrated accuracy) temperature sensing *technologies* -- ~-20C to +80C with time constants on the order of a few seconds to many minutes...
105
105

OT: Jeeeesh!
Returning this afternoon from Yuma after spending Thanksgiving there with daughter, son-in-law and all of their children and grandchildren, and _our_ grandchildren and great-grandchildren... I find...
41
41

oscilloscope "music"
10
10

Plastic Bonded Magnet with high magnet field
Hi I have a sample of this magnet: (MQPBplus) But, I need something with even higher field strength (the MQP-16-7 is not enough) Anyone know of one that has higher strength and that can be made...
7
7

Thermostat
I have a very old type mercury switch thermostat in the living room controlling a natural gas furnace. No A/C. I would like to heat only one different room in the house. I prefer not to use an...
20
20

pcb-lesstif slowness
If anyone besides me is having problems with the rats redrawing too slow in the lesstif gui, here's a patch wot fixes it. (pcb mailing list is read only)...
3
3

The Great Thanksgiving Hoax
I don't know how much of it is true, but I like the philosophy it supports. Mikek
32
32

Find Large Inductance Without Meter
I have an earth sensing magnetic coil with a resistance of 20,000KHz. It has a mu metal core and the inductance is way over what my meter will read. Is there a procedure for determining the inductance...
49
49

Tubes In Chips ?
Is this anything good or another scam ? They don't appear to be soliciting money.
8
8

OT: Pizzagate - the scandal to end 'em all
Some of us have suspected this monstrous evil has been secretly taking place in the corridors of power for years. Now it appears our worst fears are about to be confirmed:
5
5

OT: Yet Another Good Read...
Yet Another Good Read... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype:...
14
14

Connecting 12V sainsmart 2 relay board to Raspberry
OK. Subject says it all :-) I have to open 12 DC electric lock when someone send command from Android App to raspberry. To do so i'm using saintsmart 2 relay board and 12VDC adapter. My question would...
8
8