Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: How We Are Seen

Engine injector control ICs
Gentlemen, Does anyone know of a readily available chip to control the timing and duty cycle of engine fuel injectors? Or a PWM chip that could do the job equally well? Most of the ICs I'm finding...
19
19

multimeters
Time marches on. Now you can buy a 6000 count , true RMS multimeter for le ss than $15 ( RM101 ) and a 4000 count one with a usb port for about $35 . While I am tempted to get yet another multimeter,...
14
14

uninsulated terminal crimper
Does anybody use a ratcheting style uninsulated terminal crimper like a Panduit CT-1570, have one for sale or know a the model of an equivalent from another trusty manufacturer? I need to make some...
22
22

d-flop critical timing
Suppose I drive a d-type flipflop with a 0>1 edge on D and a 0>1 edge on clock. Assume the clock frequency is fairly low. Let Tdx be the time of the data edge relative to the clock edge....
119
119

150 ps TDR sampler--dead bug!
ChesterW and I have spent the last couple of days doing a dead-bug proto of a single-diode TDR front end I designed for a mutual client. It uses all SOT23, SC-70, 0603, and a super small (0402ish)...
4
4

Filtering: Server Options, Fetch/Delete
I can't find any definitive information for the filter option... Server Options, Fetch/Delete Can that be used to delete an E-mail _at_ the server without retrieving it? ...Jim Thompson -- | James...
2
2

Planar NPN Transistor in Magic or Electric VLSI?
Hi everybody, I'm going through Camenzind's Designing Analog Chips, and not far into it i s the simple planar NPN transistor; how would I represent this in Magic? Assuming the substrate is P, the N...

OT: My favorite general...
My favorite general... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype:...
23
23

SainSmart relay board
Hi to all ! Am reopening this topic because i finally get the boards so i can test it directly. Board: Some schematics / not checked: My question is how to connect this 12V relay board to raspberry....
11
11

DC to 100Hz Power Amp - Coil/Loop Driver
I have a close-wound loop air coil with the following specs: 1 metre diameter. 30 ga. enamel wire. 1200 turns. The signal input is a complex waveform with DC to 100Hz components. Maximum amplitude is...
37
37

Scary Hardware Race Condition ?: Power On while Sleep/Shutdown still in progress ?!
(25 november 2016 I tried to post this, but somehow it failed, maybe too many newsgroups or non-existing ones, today 1 december 2016 I try again). (Meanwhile the strange "power on for 10 seconds then...
10
10

No-clean solder paste and board leakage
It's (past) time for us to get some more solder paste. There's a paste that seems to have twice the rated shelf life of those available on DigiKey: Has anyone tested this stuff to see how well or...
19
19

interference with FM: wi-fi or bluetooth?
My FM radio gets weak reception down here in a gulch. A new interference sound is now resident on my FM radio between channels. At all tunings is a hiss. That digital scourge is available since...
3
3

NRI coin sorter
I have some problems regarding coin sorter in the subject. Has someone use this kind of coin sorter ? GM
9
9