Subject Author Posted Replies

Alternative for dynamo
Dutch (describes the discovery ;)): Er bestaat waarschijnlijk een alternatief voor de dynamo. De dynamo in een auto bijvoorbeeld laad de accu op. De dynamo gebruikt electromagnetische eigenschappen om...

H-1B Reform
This is going to fly like a lead balloon:
51
51

Hair implants
If you have vitiligo it's a good idea to wear makeup. If you are bald it is a good idea to get a hair implant. Pure gold for the older man looking to pull.

What ever happened to Selenium rectifiers?
What ever happened to Selenium rectifiers? It seemed they had a short life span in the 60s and then just vanished. They were cool looking devices, and seemed to work well, eliminating a tube, and thus...
17
17

People before the 1960's could NOT see Color
The reason the old TV sets were in black and white, is because people before the 1960's could not see color. People only saw things in Black & White back then. Now, think back to the 1960s and early...
7
7

insane flipflop measurements
I'm doing a fast thing and thought I might go all CMOS, instead of traditional expensive ECL. We have the Fairchild NC7SV74 tiny logic flipflop in stock, 16 cents each. I thought I'd play with one....
46
46

Plagiarized datasheet
The Synoxo SYN500R datasheet is almost word for word the Micrel MICRF211 da tasheet with the squelch removed and the MICRF211 changed to SYN500R. They actually missed one on page 11. The SYN500R...
4
4

OT: Tee Hee
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
23
23

Spice Diode Modeling of Forward Overshoot & Reverse Recovery
Nothing like a PhD telling me something can't be done to get my solver genes working double-time... Over baby-back ribs at Firebirds this afternoon I realized how to parameterize my method. But all...
98
98

Lily Drone is dead
I predicted this one! And Fitbit is in trouble. People are happy with their old iPhones. All sorts of tech things are losing money. We may be at the leading edge of a stupid-overfunded-idea bust.
28
28

OT: Protestors
I'll be polite calling them that. Just try, as a westerner, going to one of those ME countries and exhibiting the slightest clue that you're a Christian and see how welcoming and tolerant the locals...
5
5

LMV793, odd clause in datasheet
Page 12, -=-=- An innovative positive feedback scheme is used to boost the current drive capability of the output stage. This allows the LMV793/LMV794 to source more than 40 mA of current at 1.8V...
9
9

Big power supply
"In order to direct the plasma resulting from the explosion towards the rear of the vehicle a magnetic nozzle is utilized. The MMO team utilized particle trajectory (developed at the University of...
7
7

Why does it work so well?
I have the following simple converter: CD4093 drives the power logic shift register's NPIC6C596A OE pin with 500kHz square wave signal with duty cycle 40%. Both chips are powered from 5V, the shift...
9
9

Syn500R superheterodyne question
I bought one of these 433MHz superheterodyne boards. It has a SYN500R IC on it. The board seems to have the figure 3 schematic without the pcb antenna. There is always a 7kHz squarewave on the output...
5
5