Subject Author Posted Replies

motors geared together
It's not uncommon for RC models to have two electric (brushed) motors geared together to one shaft. The motors are almost always controlled by (a pair of) some type of open- loop (no feedback) PWM...
5
5

Very slightly OT: Circuit breaker compatibility
Ok, not electronics but electrons flow here: I just disassembled a panel that was so throughly botched by a "licensed" electrician that major corrections are in order. Among many mistakes he didn't...
81
81

OT , but may be of interest Speech recognition
Speech recognition seems to be one of the things that is always just 5 year s from being accepted. Back in about 1998, I convinced the company to buy a copy of Dragon and they set it up for one of the...
5
5

LTspice, a great program, but that UI!
Every time I want to do something with LTspice I have to fight the UI something wicked. Doing anything relating to commands is pure torture. I eventually figured out how to do what I wanted, but it is...
130
130

Charging time for Ultrafire 18650 6800 mAh battery
I would like to find out how long to charge the above battery. Charger puts out 500 mAh. Thanks.
43
43

Ping: Jim Thompson
Jim, you need this book! -- Never piss off an Engineer! They don't get mad. They don't get even. They go for over unity! ;-)
10
10

Re: The "Germany Incident"
Well, there was nothing on the BBC about it, so of course nothing involving mad axe attackers of unknown ethnic origin happened. We can all sleep soundly again.
4
4

"Doom" runs on any hardware
Doom on an ATM machine: Doom on a printer: Doom on a calculator: Doom on a digital camera: Doom on an oscilloscope: Doom on a ZX Spectrum: Doom on a Vectrex:
6
6

NTC caps
Good guys: They have NTCs in stock, or will make what you need. They made me some special 3.3pF N4700s, and we just got some N750s from stock. We have been having problems with one oscillator. Turns...
7
7

new organizational discovery
The more people who are copied, the less likely that anything will get done. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
37
37

OT: Anyone Using Outlook E-mail?
OT: Anyone Using Outlook E-mail? If so, go to my website and send an E-mail to me via the Envelope Icon on the Home Page. I will then respond with details of the experiment I want to run. Thanks!...
1
1

now there's a story!
1
1

LTspice Loafing?
I was running some simulations on LTspice and it is not even using 5% of my CPU. Nothing else is topping it and the entire computer is pretty much at idle. What could be limiting the speed? One of the...
64
64

Frequency Detection Suggestions (corrected)
Hello All, I am currently building a stabilized Helium Neon laser that uses a 3 mode t ube and stabilizes the optical frequency by monitoring a beat frequency bet ween the modes. The beat frequency is...
4
4

Frequency Detection Suggestions
Hello All, I am currently building a stabilized Helium Neon laser that uses a 3 mode t ube and stabilizes the optical frequency by monitoring a beat frequency bet ween the modes. The beat frequency is...
12
12