Subject Author Posted Replies

ACbrrr monitoring
What can I learn (in absolute and relative terms) from monitoring the temperature and pressure in high and low side coolant lines to the ACbrr's evaporator coil? E.g., obviously, they can tell me of...
4
4

Memory
I'm rebuilding an older server to act as my compile farm. So, digging through my box of RAM to see what I can find that fits the bill. The documents for the machine indicate (emphasis mine): DIMMs...
13
13

EU Boss Juncker threatens to break up US
This drunken pipsqueak (who Bill Sloman adores) must be even more inebriated than usual (if that's even possible).
41
41

OpAmp design - from theory to practice (Re-post)
(Re-posted using a proper news provider, because i was told googlegroups is blocked by many on this list) Hello everyone, first post here. I hope I do not break any rule; let me know if this is the...
4
4

Using a BRIDGE RECTIFIER in an audio circuit
My object is to combine the right and left channel coming from the preamp into one combined mono channel. I want to do this so the preamp left and right channels remain separated as they are fed into...
17
17

Simple Low Voltage Shut Down
I have a little circuit consisting of an LM358 and BC547 emitter follower. It runs off 4 x AAA alkaline batteries and consumes about 50mA. What is the simplest way, without consuming additional power,...
15
15

Another Word For Linear?
Suppose someone comes to you with a piece of audio gear with a volume knob with all its response at one end. You immediately know that some idiot subbed a linear pot for a log pot (or vice versa...
33
33

OpAmp design - from theory to practice
Hello everyone, first post here. I hope I do not break any rule; let me know if this is the case. Disclaimer: not native English speaker, forgive any mistake. My background: master degree in physics...
24
24

Another op-amp stability question (LT1677)
Tim W.'s question about the influence of resistance in the feedback path of a voltage follower reminded me of a similar problem I ran into a while back. I've used LT1677s as an integrator in several...
26
26

Tanh
Jim Thompson, I think you need this on a t-shirt? Clifford Heath.
7
7

JT: You need this on a t-shirt
Ping Jim Thompson...
1
1

Class D, inductorless
I've not done an inductorless class D before. This will be under 1w of output, run off expensive battery power sometimes, and will be budget critical. The question is what frequency to pick. What's...
11
11

OT: Hare-Brained Idea of the Century
OT: Hare-Brained Idea of the Century... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ...
21
21

OpAmp Feedback Resistance vs. Stability
So, about a decade and a half ago, I worked with some very ill-tempered rail-rail opamps. They were among the first-generation rail-rail amps, and they had the "nice" feature that in spite of their...
15
15

OT: Best Ever Sci-Fi short stories
Screw electronics for a minute. What is the best ever sci-fi short story you have ever ever ever read? I'll kick off by nominating 'Time's Arrow' by AC Clarke.
75
75