Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Kurt Schlichter's "People's Republic"
Who was it here who recommended Kurt Schlichter's "People's Republic"? Thank you! Except for meal breaks I read it in one sitting yesterday. Poignant, yet hilarious in places where current left-wing...
2
2

Unusual surge protector requirement
We have an "invisible fence" for our dogs. It uses a wall wart for the transmitter and also comes with a "surge protector" that the wall wart plugs into and the fence wire goes through. There is a...
6
6

html image refuses to mount
Can anyone out there suggest why a chart's .gif picture refuses to display on a remounted web page? They are ~identical, save that the new page internal links are addressed relatively. The .gif...
8
8

OT: Earth from a billion miles away
All of us are right here on this dot, arguing the toss over some pointless BS or other.
50
50

Power outage in San Fran
Substation at Larkin and Eddy Streets. Ok John, tell us what you did. LOL
29
29

OT: Interesting
OT: Interesting.... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype:...
24
24

Nice heatsink on EBAY.
I bought 2 of these on Ebay and then bought 4 more. The link to Aavid performance curves is up there too. Nice units for 200W or so. These are bonded fin, 332136797873 regards, Bob
4
4

THD measurement
Another customer wants us to measure the THD of a wideband (70 MHz maybe) amplifier that we are proposing. They want under 60 dB distortion at 10 MHz, under 80 dB at 1 MHz. Aside from the very...
36
36

S-100 Bus
Hey y'all big tie and polyester suit fans. There's a lot of vintage surplus S-100 stuff on eBay and elsewhere. What's the bare minimum one would need to get an S-100 retro system up and running?...
17
17

Null fundamental of tuning-fork crystal
Is it possible to add something to the Colpitts oscillator topology to null the fundamental of a standard 32.768 kHz "tuning fork" crystal, and run the oscillator at the crystal's next highest mode...
30
30

Quantitatively describing a small concavity
I have a small (a few cubic inches) concave surface in (inflexible) plastic that I'd like to model, accurately (a few thousandths). What can I use to coat the (plastic) surface (think mold release)...
23
23

OT: QM pilot wave theory.
OK I have no idea, but if this is a "valid" as any other theory of QM (I hate "many worlds".) Then I'm all in. It's a nice picture. George H.
13
13

OT: Old AMD64 Athlon Box, Hard Drive?
Disposing of an old/ancient AMD64 Athlon Box whose motherboard died... Pulled hard-drive: Western Digital WD1600 WD Caviar Enhanced IDE Hard Drive Drive Parameters: LBA 312581808 160GB Does an adapter...
16
16

sticky wall climbers
Mo showed me one of these, and it's hard to believe. They really look alive. If you have small kids, they would love them.
5
5

Improving my best diode detector
Hi Guys, I have three Diode Detectors built as the Figure 4 schematic in this article, using different number diodes. I used Bat62, 1n5711 and some unknown germanium diodes I pulled of of some old...
42
42