Subject Author Posted Replies

It'll make your blood boil, unless your a lefty
Even a thinking lefty would take pause. I was on the ACA website today comparing policies. It's enough to give you high blood pressure. I compared my county Fl. to a county in Charlotte N.C. I used...
175
175

200kHz oscillator
I would like to experiment a bit with magnetic parametric amplifiers. For that purpose, I believe I need a 200kHz sine wave generator with a watt worth of output power. My obvious choice was to...
11
11

source for SMT test sockets
I'm not sure of the status of the Wells-CTI company, but availability for their line of test sockets seems to be somewhat unreliable. But I was obtained the follow items at good prices from seller...
13
13

North Korea
So in rethinking DT's administration's "policy" on NK I think it's possible they might be playing them exactly right. Basically alternately threatening them while also playing to Kim Jong Un's vanity...
14
14

O.T. More inequality leads to more crime
The proceedings of the (US) national academy of sciences strikes again The authors come from North Carolina and Kentucky, so they've got lots of inequality to look at.
83
83

LT Spice opamp a liittle weird
I was wondering about the power dissipation of an opamp, driving a sine wave into a mainly inductive load. See below. The first few cycles current limit or something. I'm using UniversalOpamp2 with...
21
21

Dirt Cheap 2% Full Temperature Accurate Clock Needed
Hi I need a full temperature range -40 to 105 degrees 2% accurate clock, can be anything from 1MHz to 48MHz I have a micro on the board, but it has only 5% accuracy clock Looking up resonators they...
49
49

simplest offline circuit to power a small LED for a short time
Hi, I would like to make (or find an off the shelf device) that can power a small LED for a specified time ie adjustable from 1 to 30minutes, after the main 120VAC power is disconnected. The LED...
32
32

OT: Arrogance of Blue America
OT: Arrogance of Blue America... ...Jim Thompson
56
56

PDF Printing Messed Up in Browser
I'm trying to print a page from a browser and I can't get the entire web page to fit on the printed PDF page. Initially I used Opera with several different printing uilities and every one worked the...
1
1

More ESD-diode leakage paranoia!
Saw this and had to share: 's-occurring-weirdness/msg1196845/#msg1196845 I've measured similar leakage between 74HC logic input pins. Tim
9
9

OT gouda
If you're ancient like me, you may remember "parties" where people went to someone's apartment and brought joints and vile sweet wines (Mateus and Blue Nun) and rubbery wax-coated softball-sized gouda...
26
26

a mysterious sensor
Hi, been doing some sensor stuff. I connect those to a PIC micro and an POE ethernet module, and send UDP data that way. Today was the turn for the relative humidity and temperature sensor DHP11. It...
20
20

RFID - the Disney way, two frequency bands
Disney theme park customers have special RFID bands, called MagicBand, helping them use the parks. A 13-month old Wired article called this a $1B bet on their MagicBands, but such an expenditure would...
15
15

USB A female to mini B male
I tend to "accumulate"/rescue lots of oddball cables/connectors/adapters/etc. My thinking being that its easier to find a place for something small than to NEED one of those things and not have it on...
6
6