Subject Author Posted Replies

SF Millenium Tower Again
Wonder how they plan on leveling the existing fiasco that leans so much the elevators jam? Looks like the original design group didn't get bogged down in too much math.
56
56

Crystal oscillators and vibration/shock
Hi, all, I'm designing a mixed-signal board for a fire safety system intended to go on large pieces of agricultural equipment. It's doing DSP-type things, so it needs a decent clock. Naturally I...
18
18

China special boost converters
Got a couple of these from our friends in Shenzen: It claims 8-32 Vin for 45-390 Vout at 40 watts (70 watts peak.) The power MOSFET is an "RU7088": The ICs on the underside from left to right are a...
6
6

Test Isolated Ground Rod with Multimeter and Battery
I have a copper ground rod at a remote location, driven 2 meters into the soil. At this stage, it is on its own and not connected to any power system. Before proceeding with my installation, I would...
9
9

OT: Algebra is a civil rights issue
OT: Algebra is a civil rights issue... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ...
131
131

OT: It's all my fault...
Climate Change is all my fault.... KMA >:-} ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek,...
7
7

LT spice, leakage inductance
I'm simulating a flyback switcher and noticed that any K < 1 in the transformer radically slows down the sim, which is annoyingly slow already... 90 seconds to sim 60 ms of startup and a little pulsed...
54
54

Split control loop
Hi all, (as is usual) I think I figured this out in the process of asking you a question. But I welcome any input or comments. First a bit of background. I made the laser diode controller ~10 years...

which is the best metal to reflect microwave?
if any idea of maximum depth of penetration of microwave into the material will helpful, and also any document or research paper or any kind of data will helpful. thank you.
13
13

OT: Emailer from website
The trollers are constantly picking up an E-mail address from my website, forcing me to periodically change the address. How are these E-mail "forms" done on websites? No addresses are shown, just...
10
10

55v ceramic caps
I need to run some 1206 ceramic caps at 55 volts or so, as bypasses, and I have a 4.7U 50V part in stock. Capacitance drops to 0.42 uF at 50 volts, where leakage is about 100 nA. At 200 volts, it's...
26
26

Hating Made in America
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
3
3

Blacker Than Black- Even Absorbs Laser
Vantablack
1
1

CMOS Cookbook
The local liberal arts college seems to have a copy of the 1988 edition of the CMOS Cookbook! Even seems to have been a fairly popular checkout in the years prior to the card catalog going all...
5
5

Tek AWG2041 serial port ?
Hello, all, We've had a Tek AWG2041 Arbitrary Waveform Generator for some years. I have been the only person who could use it until recently, when I showed another guy. The menus are pretty difficult...
4
4