Subject Author Posted Replies

FM transmitter Repair
HI guys, I have attempted a repair on an FM transmitter. I replaced TR2,(shorted) VR1,(10.7 V output, VR1 is a SMD L78L09), and R4, it looked overheated, measured OK. I fired it up and then found the...
10
10

Kuwait So Hot Shrubs Spontaneously Combust
Coming to a neighborhood near you soon...
48
48

Foremost American Legal Scholar Summarizes Sorry State of Affairs
?We have a very crappy judicial system. That?s the the long and short of it. And that contaminates much of government,? said P osner. ?In England, judges up to the level of the Supreme Court are...
9
9

OT: Caifornica (again)...
"Either that or grant them their Calexit wishes and build a wall around the entire [gawd-damned] place."... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
3
3

Re: OT: Nice write-up on Paris Accords and The Constitution
Can individual US states make treaty agreements with other countries? E.g. can California start importing Cuban cigars directly? (And no, I don't know the answer.) Groetjes Albert
2
2

Re: OT: Self balancing wheel, electric unicycle
Anything with less than four wheels is a life-span reducer >:-} We lose at least one motorcyclist a week here in Phoenix.... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et |...
11
11

OT: Profiting from climate change
Basically my point is that there are those who make a lot of money out of fear mongering. They all sound like old time evangelicals to me... John
21
21

Guardian of the Galaxy
Cute:
1
1

Units.exe does not work for this problem
I wanted to know the height of 1 liter of liquid poured into a 1ft^3 container. I used Units to quickly give me the answer. I used: You have: 1 liter You want: in^3/144 * 8787.4191 / 0.00011379906...
7
7

simple led dimming circuit
Hi everyone, have a project where I need a simple LED dimming circuit to ma ke a 20 mA UV LED brighten and dim slowly at about 5 or 10 Hz (LED needs 3. 5-3.7 V). Any suggestions? Only thing I could...
8
8

Allegro v Altium
We use Cadence Allegro for PCB layout at work. A new starter who used Alti um at a previous company has been so forthright about how much they prefer it that our CTO has asked me to investigate the...
10
10

OT: My thoughts exactly...
OT: My thoughts exactly... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype:...
45
45

LTSpice Sim of Strange Old Transistor Circuit
I decided to delve deeper into the mystery. Here is an .asc file of the strange circuit previously under discussion. Unless I have made an error, it appears to be non-functional. I am now preparing a...
6
6

OT: Huntington, WV
Trump is appearing in Huntington, WV, my home town, at 7PM EDT. Observe a state ruined by Democrats... population less now than when I graduated from high school _59_ years ago. No industry, but lots...
21
21

Eudora eMail Problems
I'm still not ready to give up my Eudora email program. But it's proving to be a bit intractable at the moment. I recently switched to a new hosting service and had a great deal of problems setting it...
26
26