Subject Author Posted Replies

LED Side Marker Circuit
I bought these side marker lights and was trying to figure out what the circuit is inside. They say there are six LEDs which appear to be square white units like what you might see in lamps. I suppose...
3
3

What are the benefits of this cascode?
A loopstick antenna is connected directly to a JFET preamp, which in turn feeds the BC546 common base stage. Despite the neat use of a normal coax to power the input stage and to extract the input...
8
8

Where to find an LED element replacement for a bike light?
Where would I find small, bright led elements such as those in lights like this? Powered by a 18650 battery. Thanks.
5
5

Any practical limit to multiplexing LED minimum duty cycle?
Hi I am working on a LED driver Standard LED with average 2mA current. I am drinking it at 10mA, so duty cycle is 20% Just wondering, is there any lower limit for the eye for minimum duty cycle?...
51
51

Is this stuff Scrap?
My employer is trashing a pair of 19' RACKS. oN WHEELS AND ABOUT 5' HIGH. In nice shape. Each rack has a Tripp Lite Smart PRO ups and a pair of Natinal Instruments NI8352 thanks
7
7

Best bang-for-buck uC
IMHO the best bang-for-buck uP available right now is the ATTiny85. Luxurious 8K of program memory, 512 bytes RAM, 512 bytes flash, 4 ADC channels, 2 hardware PWM outputs, 20 MHz clock @ 5 volts....
93
93

RF Quiet Wall warts
It's been a year or two since I listend to AM Radio, and in that time theres a new Roku box and linksys router. Well, I couldn't hear anything on the AM band when I checked a week ago. So the quest...
59
59

OT: Kurt Schlichter
OT: Kurt Schlichter (today's editorial)... "Through all this Tea Partying and Trumping, we normals got a taste for power, and we like it. We're not just going to just shrug our shoulders when the guy...
8
8

America Admits Inferiority to Russia H.R. 3259
H.R.3259 Preventing Usurpation Through International Networks Act, or PUTIN Act for short, would forbid federal funds from being used towards the crea tion or support of a joint cybersecurity unit...

OT: Traffic Stops and Boating
I just read a court case in PA Superior Court that decided random boat inspections are unconstitutional. Most people would relate this to traffic stops where in theory you aren't supposed to be...
7
7

I need a robot arm, for relative low cost and low performance
Hi Sorry, this is probably not the right NG, but here it goes: I need an robotic arm, something like this one: The price is 12k USD, and that is ok for me I need only a payload of max 500g, and a...
2
2

OT: One small breath of fresh air
OT: One small breath of fresh air... will it last? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen...
6
6

Re: OT: Phoenix protester gives his balls to the cause
"Poetic" justice ?>:-} That wasn't the only one that was hit... another was dropped and left laying there by his fellow cretins... a COP came over and helped him off the street. Personally I think...
6
6

Test a lead-acid battery "in-the-field"
I have to design an electronic circuit that must be supplied from an AC/DC, when the AC is present, and from a 12V lead-acid battery, when the AC is absent (blackout). The circuit will need 1-2A...
11
11

Newkark? (Element 14)
Is it just me, or is anybody else getting promo email from Newark Electronics where the title of the email campaign is spelled "Newkark"? This is the 2nd one I've received in recent memory (past...
2
2