Subject Author Posted Replies

Proximity Fuse Amplifier production Line 1950's
We all admire JL's new pcb production system and most wish we could have our own. But there is another type of automated production line that is very interesting. Back in the 1950's, a production line...
5
5

Security Robots Market - Business Opportunities, Development Trends and Revenue Forecasts
Autonomous surveillance devices possessing cameras on wheels and roll aroun d patrolling any specific area assigned are known as security robots. These robots assist the guards in security by alerting...

PC fan connections
I'm building a dedicated LTSpice/simulation/GPU coding/messing about desktop PC out of some second-hand parts. Processor is a 6 core AMD Phenom II 1090T, 16GB of 1800 MHz DDR3, 600 watt Corsair power...
3
3

Low Cost Course in Electronics
1
1

self-protecting mosfets
These look like a great idea, but nobody wants to ship them. Maybe the car companies are scarfing them all up. We can get Zetex BSP75s, but I just managed to blow one up: 30 volt power supply, gate...
17
17

Next Up: Roving Super Tornadoes!
You won't have to wait for them to come into season, now they'll just start to form up spontaneously, and in places never seen before. Tornadoes aren't just for trailer parks anymore:
18
18

O.T. Carbon reeased to the atmosphere by changes in land use
This weeks Proceeding of the National Academy of Sciences has a paper on this They work out that we have released some 133 Petagrams of carbon since we took up agriculture. That 133 x 10^12 grams...
3
3

A plugboard obsessive
Jeepers
12
12

U.S. Virgin Islands seizing guns, ammo in anticipation of Irma
They always use some excuse of national emergency like this. Consider it a test run for the rest of the country.
33
33

Rats Desert Sinking Ship
Hurricane Irma is already causing insurance stocks to plunge- double digits! Storm damage assessments expected to smash all previous records.

Hurricane Irma has become so strong it's showing up as an earthquake on seismometers
Irma, which is already the strongest hurricane ever recorded outside the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico, is likely to make landfall somewhere in Florida over the weekend. This will make Harvey a...

OT: What denial stage are you in?
Five stages of climate change denial: Yes it's the Guardian. But nobody can deny the stages. I see them right here on SED: 1.Deny the Problem Exists (all those scientists are lying!) 2.Deny We're the...
29
29

Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale
Irma is well into Cat 5 at 180 MPH wind speeds. Wherever it lands is going to look like it got hit by a bomb. From the NHC, Cat 5 damage assessment. Catastrophic damage will occur: A high percentage...
57
57

Top 20 Greenest Schools
Nerd centric hellholes conspicuously absent:
10
10

Eddy currents
If a permanent magnet passes by a flat piece of copper the size of a quarter (currency) , are there any eddy currents induced and I^2 losses occurring ?
18
18