3D printing of PCBs?

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:a52a37e3-32c7-4f73-b119-7faceffbdaa3 @googlegroups.com:

A dope that touts Vista as viable...

I do not need to see what you declare as average. You are an abject idiot, "above the idiot level" of the average idiot.

Hint: "above" means worse in this case.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:ffb3e162-9f9a-4a06-be6f- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You do not see anything, boy.

You are a putz, and your little pathetic dance here is laughable.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I also suspect this is a mostly useless gimmick. If traces take hours to print, what about power pours? The mechanical and laser milling-machine PCB fab things are also mostly useless.

Photoimaged/etched PCBs were invented roughly 80 years ago and are still a great idea.

lunatic fringe electronics

No, he's a French cartoon character. (He's the star, geddit?)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

It's from the Jargon File.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

:

one here used this process?

w.

uld also be concerned about the resistance of printed traces.

Oh? What is the resistance?

"Mostly useless"? Is that like "mostly harmless"? How do you know how lon g it takes for any board?

Actually "hours" sounds pretty good to me. It's not like anyone other than huge companies will want to pay for one of these. However, I can see a PC B house having one to make rapid prototypes on for customers. Then shippin g will be the time limiter in prototype production. I've seen government b ids sent on passenger airlines by buying the document a ticket.

So was the land line, but most people are using cell phones now.

I guess some people don't "get" many new ideas. Just because you don't hav e an immediate need for it doesn't mean others won't find it useful.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Actually I didn't say it does.

He is telling us that Windows is fast. Sure is, on a 24 core Pentium 48 with 640 TB RAM and six five TB SSDs. He wonders why we do not appreciate his great wisdom.

Reply to
jurb6006

Yes, and it is one of 7.3 genders in California.

Reply to
jurb6006

a great idea.

Had the whole kit but lost it because when I moved I had tons of shit. Didn 't get a chance to use it, still have a few things left but not enough. Yea h, I stopped accumulating. I lost much because I had to move a machine shop , a tone of electronics equipment, a ton of stereo equipment, a ton of car tools, a ton of wood tools. Couldn't walk. I fixed that but I still lost a bunch and then had to sell a bunch to be able to even maneuver.

I still have some of the photosensitive boards but without the chemicals I just take a drill with a wire brush and remove the coating and use them for prototypes and whatever. I made a shield out of one piece, worked quite we ll in fact.

Reply to
jurb6006

print, what about power pours?

Like milling and whatever LASER thingie you can get, all of them are only g ood for one offs. For like ten offs or so I would try to use those breadboa rd boards, they emulate it so the components are in the same position and t hen you can trim whatever copper off to get the capacitance out. Other than that there are spider boards.

For my little thing I don't trust a 3D printed board. I see it is July, it might be next year.

Each process to its purpose.

Reply to
jurb6006

AlwaysWrong. Always wrong.

Wrong again.

Reply to
krw

That's because in his "great wisdom" AlwaysWrong is always wrong.

Reply to
krw

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You are both utterly retarded abject idiots, hands down. Him for the stupid shit he pulls and posts, and you for jumping on his retarded bandwagon. You are an immature putz, at best.

Looky folks.... jurbtard here takes his stupidity to an all new low.

AGAIN, you stupid f*ck... A simple benchmark would tell a retatrded twit like you that the machine runs just as fast on Linux or Windows.

There are implementations on my particular box that *might* make a graphics app run faster under Windows, which Nvidia embraces more than Linux right now.

But for the most part they run equally well.

Only 4 cores, you retarded, 2 decades obsolete f*ck.

Only 16GB RAM too. Light by your stoopid declaration twaddle.

Your crybaby posts where you tout your old shit hdw as capable as you dis current, modern world equipment is a joke.

Very few folks are running and using old Tek 545A scopes.

You make me laugh, child. I guess I should thank you for that.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:797e83a6-8ead-4a1c-a3dd- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Oh look! It's retard boy's version of a prime number!

You slept with all of them, didn't ya, scum?

You punks are children.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Every year or so I have one of our PCB houses gold-plate a couple square feet of double-side copperclad FR4 for me.

You can get copperclad FR4 on ebay or Amazon, cheap.

You can build boxes, maybe even houses, out of this stuff. I've used it to make outdoor house repairs.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Because he's not. At best, he's a third-rate technician with bold visions of adequacy.

Reply to
krw

He sure acts like a tech. Some techs resent and disrespect engineers. In Silicon Valley, they have distinct cultures.

We solve that problem in my company be not having any engineering techs. My engineers all know how to drill holes and solder and stuff. I like doing that physical stuff now and then.

lunatic fringe electronics

We have a few but most engineers do their own work. All but one of the techs work in a separate department of just techs. Mostly, they build cable assemblies and test fixtures. The single tech is in our department because we've been able to keep him busy doing changes to boards.

The last twenty years I was at IBM, we had no techs. My management's position was that if they had a "hiring chit", they'd hire an engineer. An engineer can do his own technician work but not the other way around. Budgeting was by headcount, not salaries (directly).

Reply to
krw

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You conveniently ignore any posts I maek EXCEPT for those jabbing back at you or krw or some other retard that jumped on to your stupid bandwagon.

I make plenty of civil posts. The simple fact is that you and your retard crew have a retarded mission that I get the brunt of. So again.... f*ck off, childish putz.

You'll miss or ignore the next civil post I make as well. You are

100% predictable.
Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Michael Terrell wrote in news:9dd4dc96- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

What exactly has the Terrell retard stated in this thread that was actually about 3D printing of PCBs?

That's what I thought.