3D printing of PCBs?

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:64418274-26dd-4a09-a364-d3ffbc8dd1d6 @googlegroups.com:

Bwuahahahahaha!

What would an example of that average be?

A 486?

A Pentium?

An old AMD 2 core?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:79a61332-8981-4dbd-9628- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You have been in Usenet and on the Internet for how many years and you do not know what a word framed in two asterix means?

You are lying or are an abject idiot, or both. After observing your stupid Usenet horseplay as opposed to discussing the topic I say you are leaning toward both.

I guess that makes you a Usenet, Internet, and plain text format

*TOTAL RETARD* as well.
Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

By the way you bark out utter bullshit about computers... I most certainly do. All pieces of shit hand me down crap... obviously.

Bwuahahahahaha!

Your cat has more brains than you do.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

yawn

ditto.

no it's not, same spec as new machines.

that is a good demo of how off with the fairies you are

lol. I doubt any 486 can run a 64 bit OS. Long ago I put w98 on one, gawd it was slow.

I'm sure a 64 bit OS on a 486 would be slower than this machine in the extreme.

Actually no. Moons ago I used to take old machines & put lightweight OS & apps on them, and had them running very well. The reality is that different apps with similar functionality can run at greatly different speeds.

I'm awake thanks.

non-factual and non-logical. Hey what's new.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

So you've no idea what the average PC is either.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Plain text does not do highlight. Fact.

Well, you are always wrong.

always wrong. just always.

Reply to
tabbypurr

wrong again.

Cats have smaller brains than humans, always wrong.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Thunderbird renders *this* as bold and _this_ as underlined.

Not to disturb this _heartwarming_, *brotherly* exchange, of course. ;_

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:a4ed62d5-63d1-4a79-8976- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

No.. I am saying that you do not.

I'd say right now, not counting college student new purchases, which are all likely at the i7 or higher level, I'd say an average joe bloe old guy household where he could give a shit about computers (but doesn't) runs about at an i5 level or higher.

You have no idea.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Wrong again. Plural of asterix is asterisks. From the Learner's Dictionary:

John S

As Nathan Hale famously SED, "my only regret is that I have but one asterisk for my country."

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

And that separates it from AlwaysWrong just how?

Reply to
krw

Certainly! It's owner.

Reply to
krw

He's right. Plain text doesn't highlight. Thunderbird might but plain text doesn't. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Is "asterix" the feminine form of the word?

Reply to
krw

re used this process?

We had one of their beta units at my previous job. That was around 2016-20

  1. From what I understand, their original product is actually the silver dye, and they sell the printers to sell their dye. Our printer was pretty finic ky; it would cycle on/off all day to keep itself from clogging, and sometim es still get clogged. I have no idea how much the printers have improved s ince then, if at all.

There are two problems with the PCBs that will make them a non-starter for a lot of people. The material is not very sturdy, if you try to flex it it will break in half (maybe comparable to a thick potato chip). Second prob lem is that the boards warp when heated, enough so that using hot air or in frared is out of the question; hand soldering only. We always wondered abo ut trying to heat it equally from all sides but never got around to trying it.

It's really hard to imagine a space where it becomes beneficial over orderi ng quick/cheap boards from China, or doing deadbug breadboards.

Reply to
sea moss

I posted this because I couldn't see any real value to the process. I would also be concerned about the resistance of printed traces.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

Phil Hobbs wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

Good one.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote in news:pb5diehqpjmtia6fqi6hnjnuvslqi75kpl@

4ax.com:

KRW, yet another triple point universal failure.

Grab that chest, boy!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I see you snipped your list of 'average PCs' that's near 20 years out of date, but not to worry

ok, good to hear you know the completely obvious.

Lol. Since I never said what I considered an average PC that statement can only possibly come from one place, and I reckon it's dark there.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr