Subject Author Posted Replies

Microcontroller (AVR) programming from smartphone
Hi Friends! Briefly: considering ways of uploading code to microcontroller (particularly some Atmel's AtMega - same as used for Arduino) from the smartphone. In details: Programming MCUs (e.g....
10
10

China: Government Starts Phasing Out American Processors, Operating
Minor correction: 'manger' is something different. -- Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @ 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /| The Church of the Holey Apple .signature 3.2 / of...
1
1

OT: Natural recycling at the origin of life
Given how quickly a misfolded protein managed to propagate as BSE when they scrimped on the cooking for cannibalistic cattle feed I suspect that self replicating RNA, proteins and peptides are fairly...
1
1

$400 keyboard
7
7

+48 precharge
We have a board that tends to blow up. It has a couple of isolated dc/dc converters, gate driver chips and big mosfet full-bridges driving transformers. The gate drivers get their inputs from an FPGA....
9
9

Re: nice polyfuse
On Wed, 20 Mar 2024 19:38:38 -0700, John Larkin wrote: The series power resistor idea is interesting. Are you wanting to put the PTC in a circuit with voltage above its rating ? If 1 Ohm 5 watts...
3
3

OT: Peer-reviewed Academic Papers for Sale
I've long said here that many top scientists have sold out for big $$$$$$$$$ when it comes to putting their names to - to take just one example - studies around Climate Change[tm] and it seems I was...
5
5

Survivor!
Hi all, Just a quick one. But first, I'd just like to reiterate that I'm noting your comments on the ripple thread and will deal with them in due course when i have a couple of hours to spare next...
8
8

Re: Memristor cross bar arrays for faster AI neural nets and math?
I have an issue with calling a memristor a 'computing device'. If you accept that, then so are capacitors and inductors! Jeroen Belleman
10
10

PSU Ripple Update
Gentlemen (and others) I only get a few spare minutes a week to look into this, hence this update. Hopefully my latest finding might ring a bell for some of you and assist in pinpointing the fault...
17
17

Xrays TVS diodes
Interesting. No wire bonds. Shared with Dropbox
2
2

ping Phil Hobbs
Hi Phil, You might find this interesting: Design of a low-cost, open source, condensation particle counter("OpenCPC") - EAC 2023 ideas on ways to make it easier to build, or to count a higher fraction...
3
3

grrrrrr
Why do people have online data sheet files called media.pdf or mfr.pdf ? Why does TI have app notes and eval board manuals like sluubo1.pdf? Why do I have to fill out a form to see a data sheet or an...
6
6

Interesting inductor
So I'm doing a new lab amp product. Our existing one is 500 Hz -- 20 MHz, 1.1 nV/sqrt(Hz). The new one is aiming to be 10 kHz -- 200 MHz, 0.25 nV/sqrt(Hz). The spherical cows love it, so we'll see...
14
14

Re: Shielding spacecraft against cosmic radiation
On Tue, 12 Mar 2024 06:22:55 GMT, Jan Panteltje wrote: That's all absurd, cramming a crew into a tiny dark cylinder, deep inside tons of magnets, to reduce their radiation exposure a little. Space is...
11
11