2TB upgraded to 32G

I brought the previous version of this, just trying to figure out the scam.
  It did not mention 32G before.  So, i was gambling $10 on 2TB.

Now, they say 2TB upgrade with 32GB memory chip.  Still not accurate.

Actually, 32GB faked as 2TB.

Buyer beware.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2TB-Swivel-OTG-USB-2-0-Flash-Drive-Pen-Memory-Stic
k-Key-Thumb-Storage-U-Disk-RED/303147581728?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo
%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D9e47a288a92d43b1bb5a9999
0ef34e7c%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D372465236091%26itm%3D303
147581728&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Re: 2TB upgraded to 32G
m.  It did not mention 32G before.  So, i was gambling $10 on 2TB.
ick-Key-Thumb-Storage-U-Disk-RED/303147581728?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26al
go%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D9e47a288a92d43b1bb5a99
990ef34e7c%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D372465236091%26itm%3D3
03147581728&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Lol!  I like that!  What a cool way to try to con people.

I've seen Flash memory scams on eBay before.  They are easy to spot.  If yo
u look at all the similar devices you will find a price point most don't go
 below, then the ones that do go below are far below.  Like most vendors ch
arging $15 for a given size device, then you see a few that are below $10 w
ith none or few in between.  Every one of the low price devices are much sm
aller Flash with a "fix" to make them look like the larger device they are
being sold as.

There are several Flash test programs you can use to verify that the device
 does not have the memory claimed.  At one point I was a bit ticked about t
his and I would buy from several of these vendors at a time, test the devic
es, then file a claim with eBay.  None of the vendors fight it although the
y do sometimes play dumb and ask you to accept a partial refund since they
were also victims of the "dishonest factories".  lol

It is exceedingly easy to get your money back on eBay items.  You just need
 to file within the indicted period, 2 months I believe.  If the vendors wa
nt the item back they have to pay for the shipping too.  They won't do that
.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 5,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: 2TB upgraded to 32G
cam.  It did not mention 32G before.  So, i was gambling $10 on 2TB.
Stick-Key-Thumb-Storage-U-Disk-RED/303147581728?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26
algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D9e47a288a92d43b1bb5a
99990ef34e7c%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D372465236091%26itm%3
D303147581728&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

If only that were true.

don't go below, then the ones that do go below are far below.

Even if true, that doesn't mean that some of the higher priced ones
are not what they are represented to be.  And it doesn't just have to
be capacity, it can be speed too.  They can be knocking off a Sandisk
high speed flash with a cheap, imitation Chinese one.

  Like most vendors charging $15 for a given size device, then you see a fe
w that are below $10 with none or few in between.  Every one of the low pri
ce devices are much smaller Flash with a "fix" to make them look like the l
arger device they are being sold as.

It's not just size that's the issue.

ce does not have the memory claimed.  At one point I was a bit ticked about
 this and I would buy from several of these vendors at a time, test the dev
ices, then file a claim with eBay.  None of the vendors fight it although t
hey do sometimes play dumb and ask you to accept a partial refund since the
y were also victims of the "dishonest factories".  lol
ed to file within the indicted period, 2 months I believe.

It's generally true that Ebay will side with the buyer in a dispute.
But that doesn't mean you always get your money back.  Many items are
sold on Ebay with no returns stated.

  If the vendors want the item back they have to pay for the shipping too.
 They won't do that.

That's not true either.  Most vendors on Ebay require you to pay the
return shipping and to send the item back.  You have to read the return
policy for the specific item you are buying.

Re: 2TB upgraded to 32G
t don't go below, then the ones that do go below are far below.

I'm not offering a mathematical proof.  I'm telling you the MO of most rip
off artists.  I test every flash device I buy and I've yet to find a rip of
f that charged a typical price while every one I've bought below that price
 was a rip off.

few that are below $10 with none or few in between.  Every one of the low p
rice devices are much smaller Flash with a "fix" to make them look like the
 larger device they are being sold as.

Perhaps, but it's a lot easier to make some real bucks on ripping off the s
ize.

vice does not have the memory claimed.  At one point I was a bit ticked abo
ut this and I would buy from several of these vendors at a time, test the d
evices, then file a claim with eBay.  None of the vendors fight it although
 they do sometimes play dumb and ask you to accept a partial refund since t
hey were also victims of the "dishonest factories".  lol
need to file within the indicted period, 2 months I believe.

1) Don't buy those items.

2) It doesn't seem to matter.

Ebay has two powerful points in the buyer's advantage.  The buyer has the p
ower of ruining seller's reputations with the feedback rating and eBay trea
ts sellers much, much better when they maintain a good seller rating.  Ther
e is a lot of money at stake for the large sellers, so they won't ruin thei
r rating for a few dollars.  I've had vendors tell me to keep stuff I've pa
id $50 for.

That reminds me, the other warning sign on eBay is sellers with poor rating
s (<99%) and sellers with low numbers of sales.

.  They won't do that.

More BS.  Very few sellers do that and it doesn't matter.  You have them by
 the short curlies.  I've returned a lot of stuff and I've only been reject
ed by eBay when I miss deadlines.  The terms just don't matter.  The final
method of getting your money back is to use the credit card.  I've never ha
d them refuse me.

Getting reimbursed for these rip off flash drives is never a problem.

--

  Rick C.

  ++ Get 5,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: 2TB upgraded to 32G

Another thing I had happen on Ebay was where they send you totally
different low value useless merchandise and then claim "that's what you
ordered". Hence, I always keep screen shots of the ad and order as proof
and always got my money back.

[...]

Not in case of obvious fraud. Ebay is pretty good then. In one case they
even suspended the account of a seller afterwards.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Re: 2TB upgraded to 32G

Return policy only applies when the buyer wants to return an item that
there is nothing wrong with. Say, if you change your mind.

If the item is not as described, the seller cannot run away from his
responsibilities. Selling fake thumb drives is fraud.

What will generally happen, though, is that the seller will continue
to sell the fake items. Even after I filled out a "report fake item"
form, the seller was allowed to continue selling the fake items.
--
RoRo

Re: 2TB upgraded to 32G

I agree.  But someone made a claim that you can always return anything
on Ebay.  There are many listings that state no returns.  There are ways
you can probably get around that anyway, by shystering, lying, saying
that it's not as described, etc.  But I think Ebay tracks how many
disputes you have, etc, and you'd hope that if shysters pull that,
they would get flagged after a certain number.  But maybe not, because
Ebay does highly favor buyers over sellers.  One terrible thing they
did was change the feedback so that sellers can no longer leave negative
feedback for buyers.  That just isn't right.

Not surprised.  I would bet that a large percentage of flash sold on
Ebay is fake in one way or another, eg claiming it's Sandisk when
it's a counterfeit.  But there are also people like the OP, who don't
seem to care.  That seller had all the warning signs.  A product that
can't exist, terrible feedback, 92%, only 43 feedbacks in a year
and many of those indicating that the game cards they sold were
not genuine.

Re: 2TB upgraded to 32G

Why is reporting something as "Not as described" "shystering" or lying when
 that is the truth?

They changed the feedback because the sellers had the leverage by not selli
ng to anyone without a minimum amount of positive feedback and they would n
ot give you feedback until you left them positive feedback.  Essentially th
e sellers had all the power.  After a couple of problem transactions (inclu
ding eBay lying about an attempt to report fraudulent transactions where eB
ay had no interest in contacting the police) I quit using them.  I was not
alone and eBay realized supporting the sellers in this manner was not as pr
ofitable as making the sellers be honest.

Yes, if you wanted to be dishonest the system is now weighted to a dishones
t buyer.  But so are credit cards.  I've never had a dispute turned down.

So this seller should be allowed to be a scammer just because it is obvious
 to many?  It's pretty clear there are some that don't know the basic unwri
tten rules of using eBay without being scammed.  Why should the scammers be
 allowed to profit from them?

--

  Rick C.

  --+ Get 5,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: 2TB upgraded to 32G
:
en that is the truth?

It's not when it's true.  What I was talking about was someone said you
can always return something on Ebay.  Some sales are no returns.  If it
arrives and you decide you don't really need it, don't want it, paid too
much, you can try to shyster to return it.  As a seller on Ebay, I've
had it happen to me.

ling to anyone without a minimum amount of positive feedback and they would
 not give you feedback until you left them positive feedback.

BS.  Feedback extortion was always against Ebay rules.  And if one seller
won't give you feedback, the vast majority will.  Even what you just
said makes no sense.  So, sellers want you to leave positive feedback
first.  Do you have a problem with the majority of your sales?  WTF?
You'd get plenty of positive feedback by receiving the item, then
leaving positive feedback for the seller.  Are you a scammer?

A policy of the seller
not giving positive feedback until the buyer had done so is very reasonable
and logical.  The transaction isn't complete until the buyer indicates that
they are satisfied.  Why would a seller want to give positive feedback
when they don't know if you're going to make a BS claim about an item not
as described, defective, or similar lie to get out of the deal?  A seller
doesn't know what's coming next, until the buyer indicates they are
satisfied.  As a seller on Ebay, I won't leave positive feedback until
either I get positive feedback or the return period has passed.  And I
think that's being generous.  If they won't leave me positive feedback,
I probably shouldn't leave them any either.

 Essentially the sellers had all the power.

BS.  It was even.

 After a couple of problem transactions (including eBay lying about an atte
mpt to report fraudulent transactions where eBay had no interest in contact
ing the police) I quit using them.  I was not alone and eBay realized suppo
rting the sellers in this manner was not as profitable as making the seller
s be honest.

Totally different issue and irrelevant to feedback.

est buyer.  But so are credit cards.  I've never had a dispute turned down.

Irrelevant to feedback fairness.

us to many?  It's pretty clear there are some that don't know the basic unw
ritten rules of using eBay without being scammed.  Why should the scammers
be allowed to profit from them?

Anything else you'd like to make up, that I never said or implied?

Re: 2TB upgraded to 32G
e:
te:
hat
ays
ive
when that is the truth?
elling to anyone without a minimum amount of positive feedback and they wou
ld not give you feedback until you left them positive feedback.
le
"
ious to many?  It's pretty clear there are some that don't know the basic u
nwritten rules of using eBay without being scammed.  Why should the scammer
s be allowed to profit from them?

Should have added, assuming what you claim was true, that sellers would not
leave feedback for buyers until the buyer left feedback for them, so?
What"s so unfair about that?  Neither the buyer nor the seller would get an
positive feedback. Both lose. And this was not going on anyway.  I was on
Ebay for more than a decade before they changed the rules and I got plenty
of positive feedback from sellers.  I never once had one try to extort me,
saying I had to leave feedback first.

Re: 2TB upgraded to 32G
:
ote:
rote:
 that
his
ing
 ways
ng
use
ative
g when that is the truth?
 selling to anyone without a minimum amount of positive feedback and they w
ould not give you feedback until you left them positive feedback.
er
able
that
ot
er
attempt to report fraudulent transactions where eBay had no interest in con
tacting the police) I quit using them.  I was not alone and eBay realized s
upporting the sellers in this manner was not as profitable as making the se
llers be honest.
shonest buyer.  But so are credit cards.  I've never had a dispute turned d
own.
nue
em"
't
at
bvious to many?  It's pretty clear there are some that don't know the basic
 unwritten rules of using eBay without being scammed.  Why should the scamm
ers be allowed to profit from them?
ot
any
,

You clearly don't understand what I am saying or you simply were not around
 at the time.

A new eBay buyer could not buy from most sellers since they wanted to sell
to "proven" buyers with significant positive feedback.  I think 10 transact
ions was the magic number.  So you have to bribe crappy sellers to leave yo
u positive feedback and could never afford to leave anyone negative feedbac
k because they would then leave you negative feedback which would blacklist
 you.

Obviously you weren't around then and so don't know about this.  But that i
s no reason to be in denial.

--

  Rick C.

  -++ Get 5,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: 2TB upgraded to 32G
te:
:
em that
m his
thing
re ways
ying
,
cause
hey
egative
ing when that is the truth?
ou
it
too
ot selling to anyone without a minimum amount of positive feedback and they
 would not give you feedback until you left them positive feedback.
ller
onable
s that
 not
ller
k,
n attempt to report fraudulent transactions where eBay had no interest in c
ontacting the police) I quit using them.  I was not alone and eBay realized
 supporting the sellers in this manner was not as profitable as making the
sellers be honest.
dishonest buyer.  But so are credit cards.  I've never had a dispute turned
 down.
tinue
item"
.
 on
on't
that
 obvious to many?  It's pretty clear there are some that don't know the bas
ic unwritten rules of using eBay without being scammed.  Why should the sca
mmers be allowed to profit from them?
 not
t any
on
nty
me,
nd at the time.

I understand what you are claiming, it's just that it ain't so.

l to "proven" buyers with significant positive feedback.  I think 10 transa
ctions was the magic number.

Nonsense.  I've been on Ebay for ~ 20 years, never had that problem.
I never had a seller refuse to sell to me because I didn't have
feedback either.  It makes no sense.  If you buy a product from
Amazon or some online retailer, that you never bought from before,
that has no history with you, what do they do?  Reject the order?
No, they sell it and ship it.

And they only changed the feedback rules way later maybe ten plus
years in, not in the early years.
It's totally unfair.  Buyers can leave negative feedback, but seller's
cannot.  Totally unfair, as a seller you can't see who's a crappy buyer.

uld never afford to leave anyone negative feedback because they would then
leave you negative feedback which would blacklist you.

You getting negative feedback no more blacklists you than you giving
negative feedback to a seller blacklists them.  If both can leave
positive and negative feedback, it's even, it's public info that all
can look at to make their decisions.

If all it takes is ten positive feedbacks, how many crappy sellers do you
have to go through to get ten positive feedbacks?  In twenty years
and hundreds of transactions, I've encountered maybe 3 crappy sellers.
I racked up ten buys, in no time, with no problems and got positive feedbac
k.
From the start, with 0 feedback, I never had anyone refuse to sell to me.

 is no reason to be in denial.

No denial, just the facts.  What you are claiming makes no sense.
Can't get ten positive feedbacks because of extortion from crappy sellers?
Nonsense.

Re: 2TB upgraded to 32G
e:
rote:
te:
item that
rom his
nything
 are ways
saying
any
at,
because
 they
 negative
lying when that is the truth?
 you
f it
d too
ve
 not selling to anyone without a minimum amount of positive feedback and th
ey would not give you feedback until you left them positive feedback.
seller
ck
?
asonable
tes that
ack
em not
seller
til
d I
ack,
 an attempt to report fraudulent transactions where eBay had no interest in
 contacting the police) I quit using them.  I was not alone and eBay realiz
ed supporting the sellers in this manner was not as profitable as making th
e sellers be honest.
a dishonest buyer.  But so are credit cards.  I've never had a dispute turn
ed down.
ontinue
e item"
ms.
ld on
en
 don't
t that
is obvious to many?  It's pretty clear there are some that don't know the b
asic unwritten rules of using eBay without being scammed.  Why should the s
cammers be allowed to profit from them?
ld not
get any
s on
lenty
t me,
ound at the time.

I have to call bullshit on you because I was there and I experienced it.

ell to "proven" buyers with significant positive feedback.  I think 10 tran
sactions was the magic number.

Then you run the risk of getting ripped off and you admit you have.  Most s
ellers at the time would not sell to buyers without positive feedback to pr
event trouble from "problem buyers".

Yeah, new sellers and a few experienced sellers would work with you, but no
t so many.  There were even people who would work together to do bogus tran
sactions like sell a piece of paper for a penny and both would provide posi
tive feedback to one another to get over this hump.

Yes, but as I explained, that is a direct result of the sellers having a st
rangle hold on the buyer's feedback.  eBay realized this was preventing gro
wth of their end of the business.  eBay needed new buyers more than they ne
eded new sellers, so they came down on the side of the buyers and allowed t
heir business to continue to grow.

Another thing they changed... or in reality, gave up on was the buyer agree
ment that said you waive the right to dispute a charge with your credit car
d agency.  The credit card companies wisely rejected that idea so both part
ies have the government mandated process to resolve disputes regardless of
what eBay says.

could never afford to leave anyone negative feedback because they would the
n leave you negative feedback which would blacklist you.

That's the part you don't seem to understand.  Many sellers would not sell
to you if you had too few positive feedbacks or had any negative feedback.
 You can claim this didn't happen, but I know it did.  I think at one point
 I had to put a claim on my credit card when the seller would not put in a
claim with UPS for a shipment that was either not delivered or was stolen f
rom my porch.  The buyer can't file with UPS for the claim and the seller r
efused.  I ended up with a negative feedback on my report and could not buy
 from a lot of vendors.

This thread was started because of the many, many crappy sellers offering b
ogus flash drives.  There are any number of crap sellers who offer inferior
 goods.

ack.

So your experience is everyone's experience?

at is no reason to be in denial.
?

Ok, but I was there and I experienced it.  I was even told specifically tha
t my bid was being rejected because I didn't have enough positive feedback.

--

  Rick C.

  +-- Get 5,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: 2TB upgraded to 32G
:
ote:
rote:
n item that
 from his
 anything
re are ways
, saying
 many
that,
, because
ng they
ve negative
r lying when that is the truth?
id you
 If it
aid too
I've
by not selling to anyone without a minimum amount of positive feedback and
they would not give you feedback until you left them positive feedback.
e seller
ust
back
TF?
reasonable
cates that
dback
item not
A seller
re
until
And I
dback,
ut an attempt to report fraudulent transactions where eBay had no interest
in contacting the police) I quit using them.  I was not alone and eBay real
ized supporting the sellers in this manner was not as profitable as making
the sellers be honest.
o a dishonest buyer.  But so are credit cards.  I've never had a dispute tu
rned down.
 continue
ake item"
tems.
sold on
when
ho don't
uct that
ear
re
t is obvious to many?  It's pretty clear there are some that don't know the
 basic unwritten rules of using eBay without being scammed.  Why should the
 scammers be allowed to profit from them?
?
ould not
o?
d get any
was on
 plenty
ort me,
around at the time.

Poor widdle you.  Even by your own claims, you just had to give positive
feedback to ten or so sellers for them to give you positive feedback.
Wow, how difficult.

 sell to "proven" buyers with significant positive feedback.  I think 10 tr
ansactions was the magic number.

I made no such admission and all sellers are open to getting ripped off,
as are buyers.

  Most sellers at the time would not sell to buyers without positive feedba
ck to prevent trouble from "problem buyers".

BS.  Been there 20 years ago and had no such problems.

not so many.  There were even people who would work together to do bogus tr
ansactions like sell a piece of paper for a penny and both would provide po
sitive feedback to one another to get over this hump.

Poor widdle you.  Can't find a seller who would sell? Can't find a seller
outside Ebay?  When you buy something outside Ebay, do they insist of
positive feedback or do they just sell it to you?  That alone is enough
to prove your claim in mostly BS.

nly changed the feedback rules way later maybe ten plus
.
strangle hold on the buyer's feedback.

The seller had no more strangle hold on the buyer than the other way
around.

 eBay realized this was preventing growth of their end of the business.  eB
ay needed new buyers more than they needed new sellers, so they came down o
n the side of the buyers and allowed their business to continue to grow.
eement that said you waive the right to dispute a charge with your credit c
ard agency.  The credit card companies wisely rejected that idea so both pa
rties have the government mandated process to resolve disputes regardless o
f what eBay says.
d could never afford to leave anyone negative feedback because they would t
hen leave you negative feedback which would blacklist you.
l to you if you had too few positive feedbacks or had any negative feedback
.

Poor widdle you.  I was there 20 years ago, had ZERO experiences like that
starting from day one.  I suspect the truth is you had BAD feedback.

  You can claim this didn't happen, but I know it did.  I think at one poin
t I had to put a claim on my credit card when the seller would not put in a
 claim with UPS for a shipment that was either not delivered or was stolen
from my porch.  The buyer can't file with UPS for the claim and the seller
refused.  I ended up with a negative feedback on my report and could not bu
y from a lot of vendors.

Again, out of HUNDREDS of transactions on Ebay, I've had just a few that
were problems at all.

ou
 bogus flash drives.  There are any number of crap sellers who offer inferi
or goods.

That's not true either.  It was started by one guy bitching, who bought
from an obvious shyster.

dback.
e.

Well, that's what you're claiming!   Simple fact is that when both buyers
and sellers can leave feedback it's fair and level.  Why should shyster
buyers be hidden?

Re: 2TB upgraded to 32G

Ah, finally the real issue.  Because when it was the other way, where selle
rs could blackmail buyers, the size of the market was much smaller.  eBay i
n their wisdom realized if they wanted to grow they had to protect buyers a
t the expense of sellers, just like store front businesses.  If you buy som
ething from Walmart they simply will accept it back, no questions, you don'
t even need a receipt in my experience.  Do they lose money on fraudulent r
eturns, yes.  Do they make more money this way from more sales, yes.  Win-w
in.

Is that clear enough for you?

--

  Rick C.

  ++- Get 5,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: 2TB upgraded to 32G
rs
lers could blackmail buyers, the size of the market was much smaller.  eBay
 in their wisdom realized if they wanted to grow they had to protect buyers
 at the expense of sellers, just like store front businesses.  If you buy s
omething from Walmart they simply will accept it back, no questions, you do
n't even need a receipt in my experience.  Do they lose money on fraudulent
 returns, yes.  Do they make more money this way from more sales, yes.  Win
-win.

What's clear to me is that you admitted here to committing fraud on Ebay
to get even for something that you at least partially created yourself,
because you wouldn't go to the post office to sign for a delivery.
So, it;s likely you're one of the buyers that gets negative feedback.
And Ebay doesn't care,
they are in it to make money, they don't care about fairness, they
figured it was better for their business to favor buyers over seller.
Here's some examples of shyster BUYERS on Ebay for you:

I had a Vanson leather motorcycle jacket for sale for $350 plus $15 for
shipping.  It was described as used, only worn a few times,
in excellent condition, no defects.   The pictures reflected that.
It was up for sale for about a month, some bitch from San Francisco
messages me and asks if I will do a "PayPal sale" for less.  So, already
she's trying to screw Ebay by trying to get me to take the sale outside
of Ebay, which is a MAJOR violation of Ebay rules.  I said no, but I would
reduce the price to $325.  So, she buys it, I ship it.  What does she do,
she gets it them files an item not as described complaint, lying, saying
that it smells of smoke and mold and it's covered in cat hair!  Total lie,
it's been hanging in a closet here, no one smokes, no cat, it smells like
a leather jacket.  Rather than spend time and BS trying to do anything,
I just took it back and I wound up eating $30 for shipping both ways.
I did nothing to it, just put it back up on Ebay with the same exact
listing and a few weeks later sold it to a buyer in Chicago with no problem
s.

Another time, I sold a used throttle cable for a Honda Mower for $25.
A guy buys it, then complains that it arrived kinked and was no good.
I tell him OK, I shipped it by priority mail, so it's insured.  Please
send me pics of the packaging and the cable so I can file an insurance
claim.  Well, now he's mad.  He says screw you, I just want my money
back!  I keep telling him, I didn't damage it, it's insured, I'm entitled
to file a claim to get my money.  He tells me it's on his mower and he
doesn't want to take it off!  Now, what kind of asshole would receive
a cable that's kinked and put it on, instead of emailing the seller right
away?  He said screw you, I'll just give you negative feedback.  I said,
if you want, go file a complaint with Ebay, get them involved. This BS
went back and forth for days, lots of emails.    Finally,
he sent pics of the cable.  I immediately sent him a refund, filed the
insurance claim and got my money.

Now, why shouldn't I be able to leave negative feedback for those two,
so that other sellers can see it?  And buyers knowing that they can
get negative feedback, would be less likely to try to screw sellers.
As it is, they know they can pull this kind of BS without consequence,
except that it does raise prices for all buyers, because sellers have
to make up for it.
Not only should you be able to see a buyer's real feedback, but you
should also be able to see their RETURN rate, Ebay complaint rate, etc.
In the case of the jacket scammer, I did file an Ebay complaint,
including pointing out that she tried to screw Ebay too, but I expect
it went right into the bit bucket.

Re: 2TB upgraded to 32G
e:
te:
hat
ays
ive
when that is the truth?

Ok, I suppose that is valid, but I wan't talking about returning things wit
h no reason.  I simply was pointing out that "no returns" doesn't mean you
can't return something that isn't what you ordered or defective is otherwis
e inappropriate.

elling to anyone without a minimum amount of positive feedback and they wou
ld not give you feedback until you left them positive feedback.

Ok, if you are going to call me a liar there is no point in discussing anyt
hing.  I know for a fact that nearly every established vendor had the polic
y of "we will respond to your positive feedback with our positive feedback
on you" when I started shopping on eBay.  If a buyer had much negative feed
back or even a lack of positive feedback they wouldn't sell to you.

I think you must be too new to eBay to know about this.

le

Lol!  That is exactly the extortion that used to prevent buyers from leavin
g negative feedback when the seller deserved it and is the reason for the c
urrent system where the seller has much less power vis-a-vis feedback.

It no longer matters because seller feedback is unimportant.  No one refuse
s to sell to buyers without feedback or too much negative feedback.

I did have one seller who refused to work with me on reshipping a device wh
en he sent the order signature required without telling me.  I was not able
 to pick up the shipment at the post office in time and it was returned.  B
ecause of the long shipping times and the return time, etc. I missed the eB
ay window of dispute.  I think I also missed the window on the credit card.
  Even if he kept the unit I was due a refund of the purchase minus the shi
pping.  He simply refused to discuss it with me any longer.  So I did use t
he "shyster" technique to get another unit shipped on a new account and end
ed up getting a refund for that one and didn't feel at all bad about it.

Clearly you just can't read what I wrote.  It was explained clearly enough
for a 12 year old to understand.

tempt to report fraudulent transactions where eBay had no interest in conta
cting the police) I quit using them.  I was not alone and eBay realized sup
porting the sellers in this manner was not as profitable as making the sell
ers be honest.

The fraud was a direct result of eBay's feedback policy and users not being
 able to use feedback to blacklist the bad sellers.

onest buyer.  But so are credit cards.  I've never had a dispute turned dow
n.

Ok, I guess you have some issues understanding how it all works together.

"
[...]

Again, if you follow the thread, what I responded to was someone saying
that you can return anything.

 selling to anyone without a minimum amount of positive feedback and they w
ould not give you feedback until you left them positive feedback.
er
ything.  I know for a fact that nearly every established vendor had the pol
icy of "we will respond to your positive feedback with our positive feedbac
k on you" when I started shopping on eBay.

And again, logically that is exactly how it should work.  As a buyer, what
have you done until you indicate that you're satisfied?  All you did was
buy it and pay for it.  If that's how you want to generate positive feedbac
k,
then Ebay could automate it, but it defeats the whole purpose.   The seller
sends you the product, the transaction is not complete until YOU as the
buyer indicate that you are satisfied with it and that is a big if.
How does the seller know that you're not going to start a lot of BS, want
your money back, make false claims that the item is not as described,
claim you received an empty box, etc?  They don't until you say you're
satisfied and the way to do that is by you leaving positive feedback
for the seller.  That indicates you received it OK and that it meets
the item description, that you're satisfied.

And again, you claim that the above makes it impossible to rack up positive
feedback?   How could that be?  You buy twenty things, you're happy, you
leave the seller positive feedback, then they leave you positive feedback.
How hard is that?  It's simple, the seller CAN't legitimately and fairly
give you feedback one way or the other, until they know you're satisfied
and that the transaction is done.

If they did, they likely earned it.  Just like if a seller has
negative feedback.  As it is now, you can see bad sellers, but
you can't see bad buyers.

Pitty that.  Twenty years on Ebay, never had that happen.  And even
if it did, so what?  There are many sellers on Ebay or elsewhere that
will.  Butch up and take your business someplace else.

able
ing negative feedback when the seller deserved it and is the reason for the
 current system where the seller has much less power vis-a-vis feedback.

Nonsense.  It was a level playing field as it should be.

ot
er
ses to sell to buyers without feedback or too much negative feedback.

In my experience they never did.  Maybe the real problem is you have
bad feedback.  And even if some sellers refused to sell, there are plenty
of other sellers on Ebay and online, so what's the problem?

when he sent the order signature required without telling me.  I was not ab
le to pick up the shipment at the post office in time and it was returned.

How hard is it to pick up a shipment before it's sent back?  They hold
stuff at the post office for at least a week.

 eBay window of dispute.  I think I also missed the window on the credit ca
rd.

There has to be more to it than that.  It would be one hell of a long
shipping time to wind up outside the Ebay dispute window and a CC
window too.

  Even if he kept the unit I was due a refund of the purchase minus the shi
pping.  He simply refused to discuss it with me any longer.  So I did use t
he "shyster" technique to get another unit shipped on a new account and end
ed up getting a refund for that one and didn't feel at all bad about it.

Are you claiming that vendor refused to refund you the cost of the item?
Or just the shipping?  I suspect there is more to this story, that you
probably decided you didn't want it and that's why you didn't pick it
up at the post office.

h for a 12 year old to understand.

What's clear is that when both buyers and sellers can leave feedback,
then it's a level playing field.  Sellers aren't out to screw customers.
They want more of your business, if you are indeed a good buyer.  If
you're a shyster, well then they will give you negative feedback.

attempt to report fraudulent transactions where eBay had no interest in con
tacting the police) I quit using them.

Which suggests the problem is with you.  Because in twenty years and
hundreds of transactions, I've only had a few that were problems.

as not as profitable as making the sellers be honest.

Honesty would be allowing negative feedback from both buyers and sellers.
Ebay is all about profits and doesn't care, so they put buyers above
sellers.

ng able to use feedback to blacklist the bad sellers.

There was no fraud, it was an open and level system of feedback.

Re: 2TB upgraded to 32G

It depends a lot on which sellers you buy from.

NT

Re: 2TB upgraded to 32G

Well, that's true too.  Like the OP who bought something from a seller with
all the warning signs of being a fraud.

Site Timeline