2N7002

What seems to be happening here is that distributors don't even stock parts any more; they are sort of sales reps that you can place orders through. So, they don't want small orders.

The big exception is Digikey.

lunatic fringe electronics

Mouser stocks stuff, too. Different stuff so it makes a good addition to DK. I get oddball stuff directly from the manufacturer as samples, so am rarely looking hard for parts. Sometimes I do fall back to FindParts to locate something weird (usually memory, or something like that).

Reply to
krw

I used this one in a design a couple years ago. Not nearly so cheap. Like $150 each.

I rendered this one from scratch.

Long Hair

Correct. And we do appreciate the lead.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Yeah, they need to be driven hard.

That's an interesting part. 4 amps drain current, 25 amps peak, in a SOT23. The Rg*Cgs time constant is 4 ns, and that's only counting Cgs.

lunatic fringe electronics

And here I always thought the order of the day was "Get the lead out". :-)

Reply to
Long Hair

What's the ID on AO3407 body? RL

Reply to
legg

Den mandag den 5. februar 2018 kl. 23.44.09 UTC+1 skrev legg:

google say A7 and some characters date/lot

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I was hoping for a visual confirmation from someone who's made a recent purchase, or is actually using the part. It's not specified on the data sheet, and the web is full of rubbish.

RL

Reply to
legg

Didn't look at the manufacturer's site? This is what they say about the marking -

It says the marking is A7 and X7 for the AO3407A. There will be other digits indicating other details.

I use the AO3400 and AO3401. The markings match what the manufacturer says - A0 and A1 respectively. These characters are followed by 9T for both types, indicating manufacturing details. Thus my AO3400 is marked A09T and the AO3401 is marked A19T.

Reply to
Pimpom

I'm not exactly sure which wafer type that is, but when I started my job at (then) NXP my soon-to-be-retired office mate's job was to transfer the two very last bipolar HF transistors from 4 to 6 inch wafer size. It's rare to see a box of those in the fab, and if the 6-to-8-inch conversion were going as planned they would face an uncertain future. As it is, the 6" line is loaded like crazy, we even had to invest in new 6" tools while 8" is exploding as well. Business is skyrocketing, especially since Nexperia was carved out of NXP and can now invest its own profits into business expansion (rather than forking much of it over into NXPs high-margin but volatile segments).

That said, I just checked the BFQ. No, it's not one of the types we make (or ever made) in Hamburg, it is listed as "end of life" on NXP's site, and not at all on Nexperia's. Sorry about that. The rare 6" types I mentioned above are listed as "medium frequency transistors" at Nexperia and are still made at normal volumes.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

You are. Supply chain management and quality control. Which don't matter for hobbyists.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

They should have gone the full length and name the Part AOE... rather than just AO...

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

that is also what is shown on all the picture if you search ebay

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Excuse me? As a mere hobbyist it still matters very much to me!!

Cursitor Doom

Curious. Why do they matter to you?

Reply to
krw

On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 12:28:23 PM UTC+11, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote :

er

Curistor Doom thinks that he is a "hobbyist", and as such relies on being a ble to buy small quantities of components from broad-line distributors. He want his components to be delivered in a finite time (supply chain) and wor k when he gets them (quality control).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Marking codes are still fluid at A&O, with data sheet structures that may or may not state marking codes that concur with formula currently published elsewhere.

Marks that actually hit the street, for actual use, are of more importance in the process of identification in first use, later service or part inventory/storage activity.

RL

Reply to
legg

Any hope of getting them to pick up the NXP JFETs? It was a blow when NXP EOLed the BF862.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
https://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I used to love that part when I did low-noise stuff at the University. Curiously I've never been able to figure out where it was made. Not in NXP's own fabs, that's for sure. It's a shame they're discontinuing it.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest