2N2369D

Hi Guys,

I have several Texas TO5 packaged devices marked "2N2369D" with six leads coming out. I can only find this device number on the net in a TO18 case with three leads. Could this be a dual device ? How do I find out.

--
Best Regards:
                       Baron.

Ohmmeter.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Like this??

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I didn't see any "D" sufix devics in a quick search. I saw devies in TO92 and that smaller metal one but not TO5.

I would bet money the "D" suffix means dual, probably matched pair like for instrumentation or an audio amp or whatever uses a diff pair.

Reply to
jurb6006

There's no record I can find of the dual 2n2369 part. 2N2369A, though a switch, was offered in dual and quad hermetic smd packages (Semelab or Crystalonics). The six-lead TO5 is generally referred to as TO77, though shorter cans appear as variations (pin count) of TO78 and TO80, or (pin spacing) TO75.

RL

Reply to
legg

Hi Spehro,

Spehro Pefhany prodded the keyboard

That data sheet looks right, but the number on the device is definitely 2N2369D. The makers logo looks like a pair of letter U horizontaly linked inside one another. I don't recognise it.

--
Best Regards:
                       Baron.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com prodded the keyboard

It definitely has a letter "D" at the end. If its any help the devices came in a bag of "Tektronics" spares. There are also some TO18 can devices with the same number, three leads and no suffix. They all have the same makers logo. A pair of horizontally linked "U".

--
Best Regards:
                       Baron.

Tektronix ? Well that solves it. It is whatever Tektronix wanted it to be.

I remember trying to fix the blanking in a 422 afer a high voltage discharg e SOMEHOW fried it. I had the print on microfiche. It said something to the effect that "There just ain't no part number for this thing". So it ran fo r years without retrace blanking. Not hard to get used to really. And that was just a diode.

With Tektronix the thing oculd be a nuclear powered photocoupler with a tun nel diode configured to block RF. (I KNOW how nuts that sounds but we are t alking Tek here)

But really it probably is just two of those transistors that are matched. T he meter should tell.

Reply to
jurb6006

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com prodded the keyboard

Ok ! I'll have a play with one and a meter, see what I can come up with.

Thanks:

--
Best Regards:
                       Baron.

with. "

I would have done that first.

Reply to
jurb6006

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com prodded the keyboard

True ! But I didn't want to bust open the packets. :-)

--
Best Regards:
                       Baron.

These are Tek parts, NOS in OEM packaging ? You can probably make a fortune on eBay !

Or maybe not.

Reply to
jurb6006

ISTR Motorola made an MD2369 dual and an MPQ2369 quad in a dip package. regards, al

Reply to
mickgeyver

Hi Guys,

Using this data sheet that Spehro pointed me at.

I find that the tab on the can is between the collectors, so looking at the pins going clockwise I have collector, base, emitter, emitter, base, collector. So dare I assume that the devices are wrongly marked and should be 2639's.

As an aside I also have several "SPS5286" plastic TO18 with gold plated leads that aparently don't exist either.

Thanks for the help guys, its appreciated.

--
Best Regards:
                       Baron.

mickgeyver prodded the keyboard

i Al,

I tried searching with just the number with a "D" on the end and found nothing. The same with the SPS5286 device.

Thanks

--
Best Regards:
                       Baron.
Reply to
Baron

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com prodded the keyboard

Yes. They are from some stuff I got at auction many years ago and recently came across.

--
Best Regards:
                       Baron.

Could you describe the logo more accurately? How are the Us 'linked'. Is one inside the other? Could it be a W or double V. Are either of the Us inverted? Does either U have a tail?

RL

Reply to
legg

SPS prefixes are generally associated with GEC devices in TO46 packages - short TO18.

RL

Reply to
legg

What do tyou mean by plastic TO18? Do you mean TO92 ('D xsection), TO98 Round base but D section above) or TO106 (ceramic with flat section and epoxy blob top).

TO98 is almost exclusively GEC or an early SE Asian mfr.

xPSxxxx was a common form of marking for plastic versions of 2Nxxxx for consumer or higher volume manufacturers, although some popular variants of Motorola numbers (MPS) had a performance that was unique to the part.

RL

Reply to
legg

legg prodded the keyboard

Yes "TO92"

I didn't know that. I wonder if I try dropping the "SPS" and using "2N" instead, if that will help find some info on these.

Thanks:

--
Best Regards:
                       Baron.