Subject Author Posted Replies

new kind of parts
I was thinking of creating a few new parts in our schematic library, like BOX and BOX/1Lead and BOX/2Lead maybe. Each will be just a box on the schematic and not have a layout decal. The leads allow...
3
3

Virtual conference
Good morning. PowerUP EXPO - Virtual Conference & Exhibition PowerUP EXPO - Virtual Conference & Exhibition

soft start circuit
We have a giant 48 volt bus, and one plugin board (a jet engine alternator simulator) will have a hunky full-bridge dc/dc converter making +-60 volts. Startup makes hundreds-of-amps current pulses...
9
9

National Security vs. Golf Shirts
Do I even need to say anything about this? Golf shirts are Trmp's justification from ignoring federal orders to turn over boxes of classified documents. He had to look for his golf shirts! My...

OT: GOP Targets Researchers Who Study Disinformation Before 2024 Election
"On Capitol Hill and in the courts, Republican lawmakers and activists are mounting a sweeping legal campaign against universities, think tanks and private companies that study the spread of...

Gain Non-linearity Measurement Woes
Hello! I've recently been interested in measuring the gain non-linearity of various op-amps and composite op-amp configurations for use in integrating ADCs. Following the circuits and measurement...
10
10

countersinking a TO247 mosfet
Has anyone done this? I need to get the mounting screw height down. I guess I'll have to try it.
61
61

Question about capacitor usage
I ordered what turned out to be poor quality capacitors from...Amazon. 6 of the 12 failed. The failure was increased dissipation and reduced capacitance. These are 20kV capacitors failing at about...
1
1

Constant current to capacifor / rising voltage
Hi I want to get a steady rising voltage, which is simple as constant current. Say, like a saw tooth but only first rising part and really slow. (I do not want a timer, but a rising voltage) I was...
39
39

Differential amplifier with amplification
Hi I need to measure a load on 14V line, using say 10 (or 100) milli-ohm resistor. I want to get an output like 0-4V for 0-4A load. A small offset of 1V is acceptable. Even 0-2 or 1-3 or 0-8V for the...
2
2

Microwave repair
My microwave stopped working last night. Looks like it's the fuse. I can barely make out 15A on the metal cap, but no indication of fast or slow blow. The case is ceramic. Any ideas?
14
14

New report identifies COVID Patients Zero
...and they are researchers at the Wuhan virology lab! ALL those claims by Pope Fauci were, at best, WRONG! At worst, they were deliberate misinformation designed to shield the CHICOMs. Video shows...
13
13

Another EV aircraft bites the dust
After three years of research and development work, Tecnam said that currently available batteries would not be viable for operators due mainly to the need to frequently replace them. “The...
4
4

dollar store wire
The local dollar store is offering various materials aimed at decorative or other consumer grade applications - wood, adhesive, paper, plastic film, wire etc. Some of the wire coatings might be suited...
4
4

InP
've only seen and used tiny MMIC amplifiers in InP. It's interesting that more devices don't use them. Some of the MMICs are cool. Simple, cheap, fast, unconditionally stable. They are all spec'd in...
3
3