Subject Author Posted Replies

Rework with LitePlacer
I have some generic PCBs that i need to rework by placing 0805 resistors for configuring. Seems that a generic PCB heater is needed for 180C preheat (simple), plus a way to heat the part to be placed,...
4
4

Minimizing the reflection of electromagnetic waves - the basics of STEALTH
Hi Regards Leo
16
16

2TB upgraded to 32G
I brought the previous version of this, just trying to figure out the scam. It did not mention 32G before. So, i was gambling $10 on 2TB. Now, they say 2TB upgrade with 32GB memory chip. Still not...
48
48

Re: The Energy Saver Vacuum Tube of the Future
====snip==== Around 2 to 3% for a 100W GLS tungsten filament lamp afaicr from my 1972 edition of "Lamps and Lighting".

Sub-shot noise Laser Gyro
Thoughts? Tim -- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Design Website:
7
7

SMT component minimum height
Many SMT components have maximum height specs, but that can get one into trouble. My little 14-parameter center-of-the-beehive monitor, has five sensor ICs with tiny holes, to let air in for...
18
18

New York internet outage?
Is New York still out? Good news: Not getting much spam emails. Bad news: Might not be getting real emails.
3
3

tacky signal detector
We'd like to light up an LED when the customer gives us an input, nominally 1 volt peak at 10 MHz, but could be less. This detector might work. It depends on schottky diode leakage to discharge the...
2
2

connector hell
Kyocera 6200067012800 connector bottom-view drawing, actually shows top view. Arrggh! Discrepancy should have been obvious. Examining actual part revealed the truth, but only after placing the PCB...
23
23

copy things in LT Spice
LT used to open multiple schematics in windows of one program instance, and you could use the duplicate function to copy chunks between schematics. Now it seems to open a new instance for each...
6
6

new thermomechanical terahertz detector
new thermomechanical terahertz detector:
24
24

In-house flexible PCB production
We currently use 'Mega 400-105' ( board material which is a UV resist type with a 50um thick Polyester substrate but it has been discontinued and we may also be loosing our darkroom at some stage....
7
7

Re: Is there a flip-phone made with full keyboard
In JFK airport 3G and sometimes 2G are all that works. 4G is at least sometimes jammed by the other emissions.
15
15

Update your XP machine
Malware exploiting the vulnerability will be hitting the 'net in the next 48 hours
55
55

AI-generated technical documentation
Input: "The voltage on transistor Q1 emitter should read 3.5 volts" Output: "The voltage on transistor Q1 emitter should read 3.5 volts. Set voltage of transistor Q1 to 2.5 volts. With the voltage...
6
6