Subject Author Posted Replies

14 sensors on a stick
This is a stick of 14 sensors on six ICs, that's meant to go into the middle of a beehive. But it could be interesting for other uses. It runs on low-power 3.3V, and uses a single I2C data bus. WRT to...
39
39

any recommendations on data logging software for a Keithley 2700 multimeter with 7700 20 channel multiplexer?
Hi, just looking to see if there is any software out there for data logging on a Keithley 2700 multimeter. I can run Windows 10 or linux on the deskt op and looks like there is a RS-232 and GPIB port...
1
1

Totalitarian electronics design 101
Imagine the products in two years in two camps, communist designs and multi-party designs. Under the laws of the USA, where I have local knowledge, the following totalitarian infrastructure is in our...
17
17

Devil's Staircase
I want to make a class-D audio amp, 150 watts or so, using a TI TPA3255 maybe. It's good for 600 watts mono! I'll use it full-bridge to drive a step-up transformer, probably a custom toroid. But...
82
82

windows icons
Irfanview will save any image as a Windows icon file, xxxx.ico. Stash that anywhere and you can "change icon" on a desktop link and use your picture. Don't need to put it into a dll or exe. OK, you...
4
4

Arduino code sources?
I bought my first Arduino UNO R3 kit two weeks ago (the Elegoo Super Starter kit) and am stepping through its tutorials. In parallel I'm trying to learn the basics of its C++ based programming...
107
107

accurately measuring integrated power consumption
What's a good instrument (need make & model number) to measure the integrated power consumption of my complex micro-controller controlled bee-hive monitor? It rapidly goes in and out of multiple...
31
31

Why charger failed
This phone charger failed and I would like to diagnose why it failed. It was running quite warm before it failed. The one pic looks like some component melted and spread that yellowish-brown residue....
5
5

OT: chaos in the solar system
Yestrday's Proceedigns of the National Academy of Science had an interesting paper The argument is that the solar system is chaotic over periods of longer than 60 million years, but that there's...

Bit of IQ
There is a very old way to generate SSB using 90 degrees phase shifted audio and 90 degrees phase shifted RF. Found old circuit on the web for 90 degrees audio phase shift, modified it a bit: 1%...
23
23

Weird photodiode step response.
So testing a bunch of photo diode TIA's today. (opa124, not recommended for new designs.) The low gain (332 ohm) step response had a ~0.5 us delay, and then a sharper edge than expected. (higher gains...
4
4

64k line limited spreadsheet is still line limited when using program with larger limit.
Component marking database has hit the 64k line limit of pre-2010 excel. When I try to work on the spreadsheet using post-2010 excel, the program still chokes at the same line count while boasting...
31
31

ot great razor
This is great: It shaves really close. Drag force is huge, with all those blades, but I haven't cut myself yet. I got the set in January and I'm still on the first blade.
22
22

Re: OT: USA: Big Supreme Court case about double jeopardy
Some hick town court could prosecute a mass murderer, find him innocent after 10 minutes of deliberation, and then he's free.
2
2

Separating IF frequencies of a mixer
Could some electronics guru here please clarify the following How to separate the IF frequency components at the output of, e.g., a double balanced mixer? The following is one possible scheme. Feed...
6
6