Subject Author Posted Replies

MOSFETs are getting better, year by year
MOSFETs are getting better, year by year, see my 25-year Rds * Qgd scatterplot.
23
23

Resistor accuracy
I have two HV voltage dividers, each composed of 8x499kOhm+10kOhm resistors. Made of 0.1% resistors, because why not. That should result in 4.002MOhm end to end, in the range 3998..4006Ohms. A bit...
18
18

SPICE simulations of non-ideal inductor behavior
Could some electronics guru here plaease shed some light on this ? I am running SPICE simulations of non-ideal inductors, that include high frequency effects as skin and proximity. I am trying to see...
2
2

Using Spice to verify a circuit works
Nobody in their right mind would sign-off a complex circuit solely on the basis of a spice simulation. But Boeing is planning on doing the equivalent for their 777X! "Specifically, Boeing is ?reducing...
104
104

LM1117 with ceramic cap load
I did this with the LM317, so thought I'd verify it with the 1117. Adding that 47n cap makes it low-esr capacitor load stable. I have no clue why. I really like the LM1117. It's cheap, tough, and has...
7
7

Heatsink, just don't drop it on concrete
Damn, didn't realize they were making full heatsinks out of ceramic now. Doesn't seem to be AlN either, just boring old Al2O3. Performance looks comparable, despite the relatively low Rth of the...
70
70

Gun Humor
I watched an episode of Dharma and Greg where his office is giving performance reviews. Greg has only given his secretary a satisfactory performance rating. She says, "You do know the day I snap and...
28
28

OT: That didn't take very long!
The printed version of the Far Left's oh so highly prized 'Muller Report' is already for sale in the bargain bins. I picked up a copy yesterday at an Ollie's closeout store. They had a full case of...
193
193

Ground Plane vs Power Plane
Hello, I'm trying to layout a little board with a WiFi module (WL1835MOD), a Beagl ebone Black on a chip (OSD335x-SM), and a 20MHz ADC (AD9238)... they don't all fit on one side of the board, their...
34
34

EV Charging in the UK
I'm being told EV charging will be a lot more difficult in the UK than it i s here in the US. I looked at the typical daily cycle and they have some 10 to 20 GW between the peak and minimum each day...
263
263

250 W 2.4 GHz MOSFET...
250 W 2.4 GHz MOSFET... Some ham posted he is playing with it to get 250 W up to oscar100... It is actualy quite linear up to 250 W. Seems designed for microwave ovens, Threshold typical 1.75 V 18 dB...
13
13

Unknown MOSFET logo
Hi, all, I'm trying to identify this part, which is probably an N-FET: Octopart, LCSC, and the usual datasheet sites come up dry. Anyone recognize the logo and/or part number? Thanks Phil Hobbs (Sorry...

100KHz low pass with constant 50R input impedance
A down-conversion mixer from up to 200MHz down to 50KHz low IF likes to see a solid 50R load, and not see signals reflected from a following low-IF filter. It should not be necessary to use a really...
31
31

half baked idea, frozen can cooler
So I'm imagining filling my empty beer can with water, freezing it. And then clapping it to hot plate of a TEC cooler. ~1 watt max power, but average power lower than that. My can holds 12 oz, ~340...
31
31

Actual Tech Question -MP24943DN switching regulator output shorts
In our pinball games we sometimes run across a small SMD switcher (MP24943DN) whose output Pin 8 shorts to GND even when operated within load specs. What also happens is the Shotky output diode also...
15
15