Subject Author Posted Replies

new airport idea
Hi, Airports are expensive, reinforced runways etc.. Here is an idea: instead of runways, use 10foot deep water (or antifreeze in winter) and build planes without landing gear and tires/brakes. This...
36
36

Spicing twisted pair
I may have posted this before, but the issue of modeling a shielded twisted pair has come up again. It needs three txlines. This model checks well against a TDR of the real cable.
8
8

On the way to printable organic light emitting diodes
On the way to printable organic light emitting diodes Researchers are developing an efficient OLED consisting of only one layer

Mini UPS
Don't need much. I don't know why but I guess the power company here does n ot have their shit together. We get these mini glitches sometimes, less tha n a second. Had one today and all looks alright...
12
12

Littlefuse wrecks IXYS
Littlefuse takes over IXYS, trashes web links. Excuse me, IXYS make sophisticated high-voltage semiconductors, Littlefuse make fuses. Arrggh!
11
11

Back emf when unplugging coil?
Hi all, I've got a coil driver 3 amps max. coils are ~10 ohms and I'd have to look up the inductance... big open air coil. So a user had a problem and it looks like the pass transistor blew....
19
19

Distributed attenuators
Hi, All. So I have this gig building a cathodoluminescence system for use in electron microscopes. It needs a programmable-gain amp with about 0.2 dB steps, low noise, and a bandwidth of > 40 MHz. A...
23
23

Datron meter options
Where can I find out about the options fitted to Datron 1061? Search engines are getting me nowhere. NT
8
8

Ken Shirriff is a beast
Bitcoin mining on the world's only working Apollo Guidance Computer. Just because. Cheers Phil Hobbs (His other stuff is good too.)
23
23

Re: OT: Huge
bitrex wrote in news:aTgVE.18481$cR3.16404@fx38.iad: If you watch the movie "Goldfinger" you will get where Trump got his retarded personality from. The dopey bastard actually thinks he is a combo of...
15
15

OT: passwords
Start with the reasonably decent tester As i mentioned before it does have at least one lame attribute, it tends to give email addresses very high total rating (all green!). I know very little about...
16
16

1v1 prime numbers defeated?
Hi, I started a battle with the prime numbers several years ago, and finally have successfully defeated them (at least to my satisfaction, which requires no formal proofs or much justification at...

Totally OT, does anyone here listen to Joe Rogan?
Best podcast ever! (3.5 hours) As a liberal democrat, I agree with ~98% of this. Joe Rogan is my 'Walter Crondike'. It gets physics weird near the end.. But it totally seems that the smart guys in...
16
16

Agilent 10076B osc probe for sale
Hi, anyone interested? I will take $125 (Paypal). Bought it years ago for some project and used it twice. Its a passive probe for high voltage (100:1). Specs are on interweb. Can upload pic later....
16
16

tubes!
3