Subject Author Posted Replies

FFT query
I'm using a Microchip library FFT on a dsPIC witha time domain input, it all works splendidly and has done for some time. However, re-visiting the code with a bit more time to think makes me wonder...
6
6

Coupling of air core coils
Hi all, In the crystal radio world there is a contra-wound coil. Two windings, one wound clockwise and the other counter clockwise. This so the can be put in series or parallel. I'm trying to...
22
22

Paint for solar cell reflectors
If you use reflectors to direct more sunlight onto silicon solar cells you quickly run into a "wall" because the efficiency (and lifetime) falls as the temperature goes up. One YouTube video that used...
17
17

74HC74 oscillator simulation
IRL I don't think there's anything this configuration of the 'HC74 could do but oscillate; with an RC network from not-Q to not-CLR and D, CLK, and not-PRE grounded. But with these models from the...
36
36

Baroque BJT Digital Driver Stage
Had been meaning to finish this drawing for, hmm, guess it's about 8 years or so. Anyway, here it is: Not too useful to me at board level, just for how many parts it takes. Should be good for some...
4
4

OT: 'Photon Farming' in California
Worth a try! -- This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge only via the Usenet protocol. Reproduction in whole or part through other protocols, whether for profit or not, is...
120
120

Greenland's ice sheet just lost 11 billion tons of ice -- in one day
73
73

Weird: GaN-Fet for dc/dc converters with s-parameters
< > < > Way to LTspice model: < > I'd like to abuse them as analog switches because of their low resistance (thermal noise) and low capacitance in a chopper amplifier. Any drawbacks I did not see? The...
3
3

OT: can you recognize a car make/model from an old film screencap
"Friends of Eddie Coyle", 1973. The yellow car in background is a '71 Road Runner. What's the black land-yacht on the right? My guess is second generation (61-64) Cadillac DeVille? Looks like someone...
5
5

OT: "Thousand Watt Shock"
One of the few things I stay in touch with since leaving the UK is Radio 2's Jeremy Vine show, available to me nowadays via the internet. Vine is totally unique among BBC presenters for being...
43
43

Moire and superconductivity
Physicists make graphene discovery that could help develop superconductors
44
44

coupled-inductor vs common-mode choke
Compare & contrast: coupled-inductor vs common-mode choke e.g., Pulse Eng PA4339 common-mode choke $1.23 qty 100. Not bifilar wound, higher insulation voltage. Not bifilar wound, lower coupling. But...
11
11

Grab a piece of the action!
Anyone seen this? piglet
13
13

AoE x-Chapters, 1.5kV 1us precision ramp
Here's an interesting circuit problem, make a precision 1.5kV 1500V/us ramp, good to 1%. It features a HV MOSFET current source with a feedback circuit to maintain a constant output slew rate. Related...
2
2

UL for membrane keypads
Comments welcomed!! :) I need to get a membrane keypad overlay for a product that's going to get U L listing. I'll need (1) pushbutton, and 9 LED's total. This will go on the lid of a NEMA-4 enclosure...
1
1