Subject Author Posted Replies

Another Profession In The Dirt
We don't need architects anymore, we have CAD. Notre Dame: Why do architects write such nonsense?
14
14

Mealy vs. Moore FSM
I was in another discussion on FSM because of a research paper that used th e two terms. I've never liked the Mealy machine because the state diagram (a directed graph) doesn't properly describe the...
39
39

AD8515 vs TLV9064
can anyone spot the reason to use the single AD8515 low-voltage RRIO amp over the quad TLV9064? In most areas it looks like the TLV9064 has superior performance to the AD part and you get four for...
6
6

National Semiconductor AN-125 for LM378/LM379
Does anyone have the National Applications Handbook #2 from 1977 that contains (I think) AN-125 - LM377, LM378, LM379 Dual Two, Four, and Six Watt Power Amplifiers? Usual and even unusual suspects...
13
13

AoE x-Chapters is down to the wire
The door is close to slamming shut on the new Art of Electronics, x-Chapters book. We appreciate all the comments and advice given so far. Paul enjoyed reading much of it too, that I pasted to...
1
1

Negative Cap Clapp oscillator
If you massage this old bus-terminator speeder-upper negative capacitance idea: into a Clapp oscillator topology you get the Negative Cap Clapp which sounds like a very bad type of venereal disease to...
1
1

seeed ?
Anyone checked out these guys? RL
2
2

OT: My daughters binaural pure tone audiometry test, opinions, reproducing it in lab
Hi My daughter at 10 years old has some challenges in hearing a message from t he teacher in a noise environment (could just be that she just don't want t o listen) Anyway, we found a clinic doing...
53
53

Better supercaps.
Today in Science Daily an article about improving supercaps with soapy electrolytes. Link:

Light focusing tube
Hi I need a light focusing tube, to turn a green led with viewing angle of 120 degrees down to a small spot I was thinking about light reflective mylar, but am open to suggestions? This is for test...
46
46

OT: Great Online Resource
Using the site linked to below, you can get a live police radio feed direct to your PC or smartphone: Chicago police districts 10 & 11 are where most of the action is, but because it's...
2
2

GRS is dissappearing
We may see the Great Red Spot on the face of Jupiter dissipate inside our lifetimes.
11
11

Undamped meter, just for fun.
I was measuring the internal resistance of a D'arsovnal meter. When I connected my PS, the meter started oscillating, I quickly disconnected my PS and checked it, it seemed fine. I reconnected the PS,...
24
24

Electolytics in signal path??
Greetings, gentlemen, Would I be correct in thinking that no commercial enterprise, least of all one like the one-time gloriously sublime HP, would put a 2.2uF electrolytic cap in the signal path of a...
27
27

Is this 4-layer PCB good for mains?
Here is the default stackup 4-layer PCB offered by a Chinese manufacturer: The stackup is drawn at the very top, the specification of the thickneses is at the bottom. Whould it be OK to use it in a...
25
25